Group Home

Decorating?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM
  • 14 Replies

When do you all decorate for Christmas? Thanksgiving night? The day after? The 1st of December? Or somewhere between the 1st&Christmas eve? lol

We normally try to do it right after Thanksgiving! The kids love it! This year not sure when we did a lot of furniture changes so may have to rearrange our living room around first.

Hottmomma607

http://www.cafemom/group/tacomagossip.com
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavid
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:08 AM

We have a routine.

Every year my daughter and I put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving.  My husband and son go to an annual car show that day and are out of the house.  They come home and we admire the handiwork and set off to the historic district of my hometown for their tree lighting.

My DH helps with the outside lights on the house the next day. 

Stepmothering is hard, find REAL support here: 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/30383

Are you a step mother raising your step children?  http://www.cafemom.com/group/imraisingherkid

lilysmommy330
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:11 AM

We usually wait a week after Thanksgivivng.  I think now since I cant wait...lol, we will do it the day after Thanksgiving.  My dd is older and I think she will really get into it this year!!

SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I want each holiday to be special, so sometime during the first week of December, I put out all of our Christmas things.  My son's birthday is December 8, so AFTER his birthday, we go get a tree and put it up.   I want to have his birthday before we start on Christmas.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Thanksgiving weekend.

Shaynas_Mommy
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Normally, it would be November 4th, but we are moving this year so it won't be until later this month.

cannonsmama
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM

ALWAYS the day after thanksgiving.  When we get back from the BLACK FRIDAY sales.  DH hates it that they are up so long but if I had it my way they would be up the day after Halloween!  haha

table4six
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Quoting cannonsmama:

ALWAYS the day after thanksgiving.  When we get back from the BLACK FRIDAY sales.  DH hates it that they are up so long but if I had it my way they would be up the day after Halloween!  haha

Same here!  We put up the decorations on black Friday and DH complains about it! 

GillyMarie
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 3:04 PM

We usually wait til the first or second week in December.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Journey311
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 3:08 PM

We put ours up sometime Thanksgiving weekend.  One year, we had the tree up before we sat down for Thanksgiving dinner!  DH really likes to do the outside stuff, but I told DH he had to wait until we got the inside done before he could play with his lights.

KyliesMommy0407
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 3:12 PM

DH only gets 1 weekend off a month so whatever his weekend off before Christmas is, the decorations go up. (I need his help bringing everything up from the basement)  It all comes down his weekend off after Christmas.  (Same reason)  This year he's off Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas weekend.  Guess when things will be set up and brought down.  :)  Actually I might leave them up a bit after Christmas only because I'm not going to want to rush.

PrincessSiggy.gif Princess Siggy picture by MelissZ

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.