Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you have all your Christmas decorations up?

Posted by   + Show Post

I love Christmas I could have decorations up all year, however my husband would not be happy.  We usually decorate every room in our house.  I love to put up trees and each tree has a theme.  We also love villages so I have those in almost every room.  I found this sweepstakes was fun, due to the fact we have purchased most of our decorations from Kmart.  Every year we would buy another decoration to add to our Christmas collection.  Now the only rule we try to keep to is that everything is up and decorated by Thanksgiving.  This way when we watch the Thanksgiving Parade and Santa comes we are all ready.  I guess you would call it a family tradition.

In His service,

Brenda

christmas tree

by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Replies (21-25):
mandarose
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Oh my, i already have my tree up. I need to fluff it some and then we're going to decorate the entire house sometime in the next two weeks. We aren't going to be here for Thanksgiving or that weekend , when we usually do it, so we're going to do it beforehand.

Stephanie3804
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 4:04 PM

We are going to start putting some Christmas stuff up soon, hopefully this weekend, since it takes us a while to get everything up. We don't turn the lights on though until Thanksgiving.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Margo137
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I start putting out my Christmast decorations AFTER Thanksgiving.  Putting them out before Thanksgiving is a pet peeve of mine.

HalloweenTwins
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 4:11 PM

We put our decorations up the weekend right after Thanksgiving...

Jaybelle00
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM

We put up our decorations the first week of December.  I think that it is important to celebrate each holiday individually. 

I am the proud mom to the best little boy in the world Brian, he is my life!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunshineluv/

http://sunshinephotos.webs.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN