Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 9:31 AM
  • 8 Replies

How much do you usually spend on your children for Christmas? What are their ages?

We usually spend anywhere from $150- $250 on our now 4 year old. This year we will have 2 to buy for- but probably won't exceed $300.... unless we decide on a Wii.

janessa27final.gif picture by LoriBMom03

by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ballewal
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 9:31 AM

I've spent $50 on toys for my one year-old and I'm making her a few gifts also. 

I'm not going to summarize myself in a paragraph because I'm not the kind of mother you expect me to be. 

Shaynas_Mommy
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 9:38 AM

This year, I have spent around $100.00 on my DD. She will be 3 months shy of 3-years-old at Christmas. I am still looking for a good deal on a Tinkerbell table and that will be the last thing she is getting.

queeniamissy
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I have 2 children and we try to spend $200 on each one.  It rarely happens though!  I usually spend more.  But this year I'm really trying to keep to my budget!!  November & December are killer months for me, my son has his birthday November 13th and my daughter has hers December 28th.  So, I have to budget for 2 birthdays as well!!  I'm already done with the b-days, so now I can concentrate on Christmas!  Thank goodness for layaway!!

gift

riley109
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 10:39 AM

i spend between 400~500 for my 4 thats from us and santa 

tretresmom
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 10:53 AM

It all depends on what I have to spend. 

kbpegasus
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I have seven grandchildren.  We spend about $100. or less on each one.  Last year we got them savings bonds and one toy.

janessa27
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Quoting queeniamissy:

I have 2 children and we try to spend $200 on each one.  It rarely happens though!  I usually spend more.  But this year I'm really trying to keep to my budget!!  November & December are killer months for me, my son has his birthday November 13th and my daughter has hers December 28th.  So, I have to budget for 2 birthdays as well!!  I'm already done with the b-days, so now I can concentrate on Christmas!  Thank goodness for layaway!!

Oh wow- 2 birthdays around Christmas? I am freaking out because our youngest was born on December 18, 2008- which means we will always have a birthday to plan exactly a week away from Christmas!

janessa27final.gif picture by LoriBMom03

organizedmess
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I spend around 500 per child.... I have 4 children.... I shop all year long so it really doesnt seem like that much... and as another poster said about budgeting for birthdays... My kids b-days are oct 23 dec 15 and i have twins born on jan 6... What i normally do is watch the sale adds and there are normally things like buy 2 get 1 free.... etc... i normally give whatever the free items were as their birthday presents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN