Group Home

holiday planning

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 12:09 PM
  • 3 Replies

I would like to hear any holiday traditions anyone has.I need to start thinking about xmas.

by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KamsOne
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 2:08 PM

We put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving.  We don't leave the house because I have a fear of Black Friday (lol) so I stay home.  We dig out the Christmas CDs and play Christmas music while we put up decorations.

A few weeks before Christmas we go and cut down our tree.

On Christmas Eve after DD is in bed I spread all the gifts out on the living room floor, grab my wrapping paper, scissors, tape and tags and go to town wrapping while watching It's a Wonderful Life.

Those are really the only "traditions" we have right now. 

michiganmom116
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Some of our traditions:

Baking and decorating a gingerbread house with the kids.  It can get messy but they LOVE it! Even the neighbor kids are invited.  One young man now in his 20's remembers coming to our house and decorating the gingerbread houses.

Baking and decorating cookies together.  Sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles are a must.

Walking through snowy fields on a tree farm to argue about the "right" Christmas tree, then having the farmer cut it for us, packing it in the car and driving the 1 mile home to put it up.  I tried to go the fake tree route one year and met with all kinds of protests!!  We had to go get a real tree.....

A few days before Christmas, we drive through the neighborhoods at night, viewing all the outdoor decorations, looking at all the lights. 

I buy plenty of Christmassy scented candles and the kids love to turn out all the lights at night and watch TV by candlelight.  It makes the house smell great!

One of our entry arches is draped with pine garland and ornaments.  When the Christmas cards come in the kids love to fasten them to the arch or the garland so all the cards can be seen.

scleblanc
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Baking goodies and delivering them to friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors. On Christmas eve, we gather with family and friends and make a gumbo, and exchange gifts. Then on Christmas morning we stay home so that the kids can enjoy their gifts. I make a small breakfast and then get started on Christmas dinner, we normally have guests drop by all afternoon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.