Have your kids started asking....

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

About Christmas already this year??   My oldest is almost 9 and she has been ready for Christmas since June when the younger kids all had birthdays and she wanted presents..LOL   She has already given me her list and i'm hoping I can get her something she wants this year... My younger ones are excited about Christmas but haven't given me their list yet.  It is always fun to get those lists from your kids and see what all they are gonna ask for.  My daughter always asks for her lil sister to get something too on her list. LOL  I dunno if she is just being generous or if she is hoping that I think its too cute and I will get her the present she REALLY wants :)

So.... ladies... what kinda hints have your kids been giving you about Christmas or have they even started thinking about it yet??

by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ireland.runaway
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 8:36 PM

My little man is only two -- he's clueless. :P But I've got 5 brothers, so I know the drill, hahaha. My 14 year old brother mostly wants gift cards, or games for the PS3 thing he just got for his birthday, skateboard parts or a new board in general. Games are a huge thing in our family -- they love new games, or anything they can build. Little people & anything to do with trains & tracks are winners, hahahaha.

funnymom32
by on Nov. 4, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Yes, my 3 1/2 year old has asked about it atleast once a week.  I bought almost everything for them already.  He wanted a big garbage truck so I got him that, some Thomas toys and Hot Wheels, and pretend toys for their kitchen.  It should be a fun Christmas for them.  I am excited!

thismomkixazz
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Oh, yeah. They aren't really asking about Christmas as much as they are telling me what toy they want. A couple of days ago they got hold of a newspaper that had a bunch of toy ads from Walmart, Toys R Us, etc. So, they have been reading them like books then walking up to me saying "Mommy, I want that!"

The hoard of commercials doesn't help either. The funniest one is the Touch N Brush! LOL. My boys see that commercial and go crazy. My husband and I really get a kick out of it. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
mommybug77
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Nope. The kids don't give me a list. My MIL & SIL ak for lists. They also look at the toy books. I will see what they like in there & decide if there is anything I want to buy. I basically know what I am getting them for the most part. I am done with DD3 unless I see something I think she will really like. The older girls are getting video games, movies, books & board games this year. They are also going to their 1st concert tomorrow which was expensive & their big gift.

millerbunch
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM

yes, they have already wrote their lists..  and we are doing layaway at kmart....lol    we have kept the list to a maximum amount, and so whatever is left, grandma will know what to get them...lol

griaane
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 10:49 AM

My oldest is 7 and asked when we are going to start Christmas shopping. I actually Christmas shop all year round. If its a good deal and I know someone in the family can use it, it is bought and stored. By do this I don't have to spend so much money in the last month of christmas shopping!

jollilolli
by Member on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM

My son is 2.5 and says everyday Christmas is coming, lets go to the Christmas Tree farm to get our tree.  I can't wait to see Santa.  It is the cutest thing, especialy when he says it in his toddler talk.  So looking forward to it this year.  He is so into it already,

carrolmomof3boy
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 11:36 PM

My oldest wants a dirt bike and lots of other high dollar gifts!  I think he thinks Santa is very rich, which is so not true, lol!

My middle one wants Spike the dino and D-rex.

And my youngest is only fourteen months, so he has no idea!

cornucopiaI'm a mom of three married to the love of my life.  If you need to know more, just message me.

MarthaCrocker
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 10:46 AM

My oldest knows give up the list EARLY or you are screwed Ill buy what I want you to have no way am I going to be the lun a week before trying to get her stuff. LOL She's 14 so she knows. The 4 year old well this is his first year doing The LIST with the help of big sis, He went through the big toy book from TRU and told her I want all this just put it on the list.. She at least did me a favor and put the stuff he realy went wow over.

In our house the lists must be turned in early. Last year she emailed me her wish list I printed it went shopping came home to find a new wish list that had nothing on it that the one before had. So final draft please.

2and2onway
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Yes my older children gave me a list.

FOLLOW MY HOMESCHOOLING JOURNEY

EARN MONEY WITH ME

I am a proud wife and mother, I

home school my children, I CIO, I do not coddle but I do cuddle. I

am a FF, EBF, food loving mamma of 4 of the best and worst children. I

love them with all my heart and wouldnt trade them for the world!

Jeremiah 10, Briana 8, Braden and Sara 2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: