Group Home

how much shopping do you have left?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM
  • 18 Replies

we are close to done on the little ones...it's just the big kids that are hard to shop for! 16, 19 and 23 years old....what to do?  gift cards?

Debbie

Be grateful for all you have! :)
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3inTN
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM

All of it. My kids are snoops so we don't shop until about a week before Christmas and then we hide it all in the attic. It's nice because that's how my hubby and I spend one of our date nights. We are usually out to all hours, shop, sit for coffee, shop some more, grab a dessert or snack, shop some more. I love it and look forward to it every year.

Barbie and Ken, Married for 11 years!

samuelsmom
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Honestly i have not even begun, and being in this group is making me so antsy to get out there and start shopping but we are strapped for cash and have no extra money.  Hopefully i can get back to work soon...

MuddyHuggies
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I haven't started any Christmas shopping yet. I don't normally start until Black Friday and I finish on Christmas eve. I'm an odd ball and love the rush feeling of waiting until the last minute. lol I give gift cards to people that are hard to shop for or people that live far away.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I am finished w/ my daughter except for her Santa gift. I have more to get my son...about $60-$80 worth and his santa gift. I have to get presents for my nephews still and that's about $70. My hubby has to get me something only about $50....this year we couldn't get much as previous years. It's been a rough year.

mom2Bellarose
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Even though I started in July I still have quite a bit to buy. I have DD half way done. Still have to get hubby a few things. Still have to buy for our parents, grandma and 2 oldest nieces and nephew who are 9, 13 and 15.

I don't usually do gift cards even for the oldest kids because I think it's more fun to pick something for them out myself and they be able to open it and have it on Christmas day. They are pretty easy though because you can't go wrong with clothes, accessories and video games lol.

luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:48 PM

we arent buying much so we probably wont do any shopping until a couple of weeks before christmas

rolltidemama
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM

All of it. I am always a late shopper. We wait until my husband gets his Christmas bonus which is usually the 2nd week in December and then try and hurry to get everything. Every year I tell myself I am going to start early but never do. 

Queenfeld
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I've started, But I'm a looooooong way from being finished. 

darcibeisheim
by Member on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Quoting momof3inTN:

All of it. My kids are snoops so we don't shop until about a week before Christmas and then we hide it all in the attic. It's nice because that's how my hubby and I spend one of our date nights. We are usually out to all hours, shop, sit for coffee, shop some more, grab a dessert or snack, shop some more. I love it and look forward to it every year.

That's so funny, because hubby and I make it a date night too...He's not too interested in shopping so much, but it gives us something differnt to do without kids... We always go out for a nice dinner at a steak house or Olive Garden. We do almost all if not all of our Christmas Shopping in one trip the week before Christmas (I get a fairly nice bonus check then) We normally spring for a Hotel room, but this year that will be out since I am not comfortable leaving the baby for more than a few hours because of his medical problems. But maybe I can arrange for my older son to spend the night somewhere so I have plenty of time to wrap and hide..

golther
by on Nov. 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM

all done over here!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky