Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Posted by   + Show Post

When do you and your family open presents? My family opened all the presents from each other on Christmas Eve night to make room for all the things Santa would be bringing after we went to bed,  and i'm keeping that tradition going for my boys!  

by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Replies (11-18):
SMLemos
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 11:22 AM

We have always had so many different places to go, we havent really had a chance to have our own tradition.  But i want to hang on to how I did it when I was young.  We had presents wrapped under the tree that were from mom and dad, then Christmas morning we would wake up and there would be other presents set up in front of the tree, like Santa dropped off assembled gifts while we slept.  They would have bows on them but not wrapped.  It was the neatest thing to me.  

This will be the first year I actually get to wake up with my kids and relax and let them open their presents.  So this year we start our tradition.

Christmas Eve we go to my grandma's house and open presents there. But all of our gifts will be opened at home on Christmas Morning. 

MomToBeISaMom
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 11:23 AM

It depends on the year, and which side of the family we are visiting.

kellieandjason
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 11:27 AM

This will be our first christmas as a family so we will open on christmas day. We open stuff my parents got us on christmas eve becasue we are at there house and open just from the hubbys family christmas morning once we get to their house.

XxLadyLuck29xX
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM

We do the same thing! I love that lil tradition. Nothing like cool new pjs to open your presents in!

Quoting MarthaCrocker:

I let the kids open one gift on Xmas eve and I pick which one and bring it down for them , Its usually their Xmas pj's. My mom did that every year with my brother and I and we looked forward to the new soft warm jammys . Usually a Xmas theme, but last year I did Hulk and Chicken feet slippers for my little one to cute. He looked like a dork, but a cute dork.

mommybug77
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 12:16 PM

All on Christmas eve & stockings on christmas day

Mom2Annalyssa
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 12:28 PM

My boyfriend started something for us a few years back, he bought my daughter and I a hot cocoa set for christmas and had us open it on Christmas eve just before we read the night before christmas.  We sipped on cocoa while someone read the story.  Last year DD was with her daddy on christmas, am debating about what we are going to do this year.

Like the opening one on Christmas Eve, just not sure what gift I want to give her if I do.

Mom2Jack04
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I let my son open one on Christmas Eve...BUT my dad dresses up as Santa and comes and delivers that one gift early....we take pics then Santa leaves to go finish his deliveries....the rest of the presents come out after he goes to bed then we open everything on Christmas Morning. 

stacymomto3
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 12:34 PM

We have Christmas at my parents on Christmas eve so we don't open anything on Christmas Eve at our house just on Christmas day.

cornucopiaStacy proud Mom to Jalen, Maddy, and Jared

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN