Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you don't mind answering....

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 2:53 PM
  • 26 Replies

how much has everyone set their budgets at this year?

Normally i spend about $200 for each of my two kids and $100 for each of my brothers and anywhere from $20-50 for the adults...this year all 4 kids will be shopped for, for about $250 and the adults will be getting something my kids made them...basically my budget is $300

♥Sarah Michelle♥
Single Mommy to Devin and Raeann
☼come take a look around☼
www.youravon.com/stowers
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
L0ve
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 2:57 PM

I don't have a budget right now except for the $100 worth of giftcards I received through the influencer program from kmart and cafemom.  I am so totally excited and thankful for the giftcards.  Right now we are just trying to figure out how to pay our bills until January.  I have faith that God will provide for us and He has already showed me that by providing the giftcards to be able to get my kids gifts.  I think most people are tightening their budget this year and I know I am not alone in having a small spending budget this year. 

Mommy to Arielle, 2/17/07, Leilani, 6/15/08 and Loic, 9/10/09!

blowing bubblestoddler girlbaby boy

mommybug77
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I don't buget. I make a list & buy off of that. We spend a total of $200 for my parents, his parents, his sister/her hubby & my 2 sisters.

TexasSweetThang
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I don't set a budget for my children... I try to keep their gifts even is all... I will not spend more than $20 on anyone else except my parents and my mother-in-law and maybe my grandparents..

MomToBeISaMom
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 3:07 PM

$300 budget for all.  Everyone will get a decent gift.

scleblanc
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I don't really have a budget, but I do shop deals/sales. I got my sister a  nostalgia gift off ebay for 1.99

sunshine86912
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 3:30 PM

i have about 500$ to spend  between my two kids..and their birthdays! one is 20 days BEFORE xmas..the other one is 21 days AFTER xmas lol so 500 total between presents..and the parties plus in that i figured 50 on my husband...and somewhere in all that something for my parents! my extended family might end up with cookies again..

Crystallynn
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I try really hard to stay under 300.00.  THis year might be a little different because we are really hoping to get them the Wii that they have been begging for.  IDK though... it isnt looking like that is going to happen.  So we will just go through their list, pick about 10 things off it, and they will be done.  Money is tight this year.

krise
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM

We really don't have a budget at all for our kids or family. This year We are doing bulk for family. One big gift per family. OUr kids, well we just want to keep it even.

ohmommamia
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:15 PM

My budget for everyone is around $1500.  That is my 3 kids and my step daughter, my parents, his mom, my husband, and my 2 neices and 2 nephews.  My siblings and I don't buy for each other, because there are 7 of us and it just gets toooooooooo expensive.

backroadsmom
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Oh honey... with so many kids & grand kids I have no budget! It's just overwhelming!

I have two teens at home. 3 grown children who all have spouses, bringing the total number of kids up to 8. (I know they are not "kids" but they ARE my kids, ya' know?)

Then I have 5 grandchildren, mom & dad, 2 brothers, 2 sisters who also have spouses and kids. And it's so hard to know when to stop. I mean... who doesn't get a gift?

Nope, no dollar amount set for me. Just going in blind and buy what seems nice or appropriate for each person and hopefully I can find quality things at reasonable prices! Hoping everyone get's a little something before whatever monies I have in my pocket, after bills, rent, food, ect... is gone. We usually end up spending around $1,500.

I like your budget much better!! : )

Three things will last forever— faith, hope, and love— and the greatest of these is love.   1 Corinthians 13:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN