Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you don't mind answering....

Posted by   + Show Post

how much has everyone set their budgets at this year?

Normally i spend about $200 for each of my two kids and $100 for each of my brothers and anywhere from $20-50 for the adults...this year all 4 kids will be shopped for, for about $250 and the adults will be getting something my kids made them...basically my budget is $300

♥Sarah Michelle♥
Single Mommy to Devin and Raeann
☼come take a look around☼
www.youravon.com/stowers
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Replies (21-26):
runnermomma
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I have spent about $50 throughout the year and now we have a goal of spending only $100 this year on everyone!  But I also have earned giftcards online throughout the year, which I have or will spend totaling about $200.  I have also found many great free things over the course of this year that I will use as gifts also!

~Kristen 
www.paystobefrugal.com 

taylorleosmama
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM

We didn't set a budget either,i just put in layaway about to take it all out on the 15th.

paisleypaint
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I am done shopping for my DD I spent about $100 she got an exersaucer,a 4 ft giraffe,books,and some Elmo toys. I am also done shopping for my BF except for stocking stuffers. He got a PS3 and some games and some clothes. I think I spent $400 total for him. We draw names for siblings. But we only spend $20 on each others gifts. My niece and nephew I will spend $20 each. The only shopping I have left to do is little things. I am so excited for the season this year!!

darcibeisheim
by Member on Nov. 7, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Well my budget is whatever my squad check is. I get paid for my work on the local ambulance (paid volunteer), twice a year, once right before Christmas. This will be the first year with more than one kid. Almost all of my budget goes to my kids... I try to buy something small for my mom, step dad, bro and sis, and bro's kid and hubby's grandkids. But I can't afford to buy for anymore than that. Not sure if I will be able to afford that this year... Might be Dollar Store specials. Both of my kids need new carseats too that has to come out of my check this year.

A rough estimate, I will have about $100 - $150 for each of my boys and maybe $100 for everyone else. And $150 for the carseat most needed.

I was able to get my mom's gift already.. Walgreens had a special for Facebook fans a couple months ago... A free photo scrapbook... so I made one including all of her grandkids... my total cost (shipping) was $2.12!!

Hubby and I don't normal exchange gifts anymore, because we'd rather spend the money on the kids...

klotztheatre
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Dh spends 100 on me an I spend 100 on him. We spend 100 on each child, although we usually have a sliding scale because our oldest is6 and then we have a three year old and an 18 month old. The 18 month old still plays with all of the toys my middle daughter just stopped playing with so we only spent about 30.00 on her and about 75.00 on our middle daughter. We spent a little more on our son, because his toys are a bit more expensive. I have budgeted 250.00 fir all of the extended family and i have come under budget and I have found great gifts for everyone, I am very happy with how we did because I won 110.00 gift card for coming in first place at the county fair this year. I saved that for Christmas, my son won a 50.00 gift card for carving the best pumpkin at school and he wants to use that to buy his nana and papa and daddy and sisters presents (his idea...he's a sweet boy:p) plus the kmart gift card...I had 210 in gift cards!! We are tight on money this year but we will have a great christmas anyway.

rachel.o
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I don't really have a budget--just try to find good deals for things for the kids.  They really don't NEED much.  DH and I stopped exchanging gifts years ago.  We consider the time off together to be the "gift"--sounds cheesy, I know.  If we have extra $$, which we have in the past, we buy a large household item that wouldn't be an everyday purchase but that the whole household benefits from, sort of a family gift. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)