Group Home

holiday pictures...oops

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just went to get holiday pictures done of the kids. I ment to use a 7.99 coupon for a small pkg and i'd have to add an addition 5.00 onto it because of having more than 1 person in the photo.     Well, I ended up spending 229.00 instead! Oops.  I got 8 portraits, a 10x13, the edits I wanted on them all and the photo cd which I'm able to edit, print etc, plus 40 holiday cards to mail out.

My dh isn't going to be happy with the amount i spent....

by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
psych_mom
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Good luck with that... my dh would go take every form of money away from me and probably disown me! lol

RosePetalTears
by Member on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Quoting psych_mom:

Good luck with that... my dh would go take every form of money away from me and probably disown me! lol

haha. my dh won't even try that. i rarely spend money that isn't on bills or at the grocery store and he's always spending money on stupid stuff. My kids are 3, 20 months and 6 months and we've never had their pictures taken.

KalsMommy
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Haha I do this all the time!!! I go to Picture People and say oh well I have a coupon for a free 8X10 and I NEVER leave with just that 8X10.....They always take a picture that grabs my heart!!!

pregnancy week by week

tinadf7
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Yikes! you could have come to me, gotten all of that AND a keepsake box with 50 4x6 prints. You wouldn't have had to leave the house either...lol

I spend a ton on pictures too though. My thinking is I want to capture everything from when they are little and the best way to do it is through pictures. ;)

Quoting RosePetalTears:

I just went to get holiday pictures done of the kids. I ment to use a 7.99 coupon for a small pkg and i'd have to add an addition 5.00 onto it because of having more than 1 person in the photo.     Well, I ended up spending 229.00 instead! Oops.  I got 8 portraits, a 10x13, the edits I wanted on them all and the photo cd which I'm able to edit, print etc, plus 40 holiday cards to mail out.

ddmac314
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 5:35 PM

LOL That's what I was about to say!!

Quoting tinadf7:

Yikes! you could have come to me, gotten all of that AND a keepsake box with 50 4x6 prints. You wouldn't have had to leave the house either...lol

I spend a ton on pictures too though. My thinking is I want to capture everything from when they are little and the best way to do it is through pictures. ;)

Quoting RosePetalTears:

LOGO
Bekah062205
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 8:07 PM

well......i bet half that price was just for the cd since you get the copyright of those pictures. I have considered buying just the cd so i can print off which pics i wanted and what sizes i wanted.

Liansmommie
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I have never been happy with the quality of the CD pictures. I am pretty good about using just the coupon to get what I want when we do pictures. I got loads of pics of my son when he was a baby for free. The picture people hated it but that is life. Now I just do it myself most often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie