Do you flock your Christmas tree?

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband and I have a deal every other year the tree gets flocked as he likes it so much.  So the year that it is flocked he gets to have a star at the top of the tree and the year it is not flocked I get my angel on top.

To me a flocked tree is so messy.  You walk by it and it gets on everything.  I am not looking forward to having it this year with my 2.5 year old.  I have a feeling it will be worse than ever.  But I will stick to the tradition as it is only fair.

What's your thoughts!

by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 4:40 PM
Replies (11-16):
Mom2Jack04
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Yeah know that canned snow you can get to put on your windows that a pain in the butt to wash off?  Flocking the tree means spraying it with that stuff....of course you can do a less messy method and buy a bag of pillow stuffing and put that on as well....but either way, WAAAAY too messy. 

Davids_Wife1307
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I have never heard of a flocked tree. 

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM

wow, i learned something new today!!!! I have never had a flocked tree...even while growing up. I always wanted one though but figured it would be to messy.

kingdommom
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 8:33 AM

I lightly flock mine with those bags of Christmas snow you can find at Micheals craft store. I never have a problem with mess. It usually stays on he branches. The only way it would fall off is if somebody would go over to the tree and grab a branch and shake the tree which my kids knew better, lol.. I like the subtle look of a snow covered tree. I do it lightly so as to not over power the beauty of the tree.

welcome.gif WINTER image by Shltie

All you Country Decoraters & Christmas lovers come join us@ Country Christmas Lovers

princessesmomma
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM

nope not me!

PRO birth bonding, pro LIFE,  PRO breastfeeding, PRO babywearing, PRO CO-SLEEPING, and non-CIO! LONGING TO ADOPT!

navyNavy wife 2001   playing soccer girlDD#1 2002way to goDD#2 2004toddler girlDD#3 2008come homeDEPLOYED SINCE MAY 09

BethInWI
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Actually it can be very less messy if you have a tree/wreath factory in your area that does the flocking with a machine. I worked for a family owned factory that did flocked trees and they are beautiful and they did muliple different colors and it is much much thicker than the can spray stuff.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
-Matthew 6:34
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: