Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's talk DESSERTS!

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 3:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

What are your holiday desserts?

For thanks giving in my home there is : Pumpkin pie, Pecan pie, Pistachio pudding, and fruit salad.

For Christmas  we have, Cherry pie, fudges, cookies. This year I'm going to make a chocolate silk pie!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemomma1025
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Thanksgiving: Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Pie, Double Layer Pie (my moms speciality)

Christmas: Cookies, Fudge and usually apple pie

This year iam gonna try and make Strawberry Whipped Sensation (its got an oreo bottom and strawberries on top)  I might even try making Layered pumpkin Loaf

iam not a huge fan of pumpkin though. Btw. got all my recipes from a magazine sent to me by Kraft foods.

Davids_Wife1307
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Blueberry pie! YUMMM 

michiganmom116
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 3:44 PM

This Thanksgiving we're having pumpkin pie, cranberry swirl cheesecake and upside down apple gingerbread cake.

For Christmas, I don't know yet.  There's usually pies.  I sometimes make a Jello Christmas poke cake, with one layer using green Jello and the other layer using red Jello.  Last year I made a snowman cake with my daughter.

kbpegasus
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 3:45 PM

Thanksgiving it is homemade Apple and Pumpkin pie.

For Christmas we have homemade cookies, pies, chocolate zucchini bread, potica (walnut bread) and fruitcake

momof3angela
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Baklava, pumpkin pie, apple pie...Christmas cookies.  Oh, the list can go on:0)

baking 

MommaReynolds
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Both its normally: apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and fudge.

MellieAndRiley
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Thanksgiving: Normally any combination of the following... Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Bread, Thanksgiving Pie(Pecan and Pumpkin Pie), Apple Pie

Christmas:  Normally any combination of the following...Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Tassies, Pecan Sandies, Assorted Christmas cookies, fruit and fruit dip, Pizzelles(it's not Christmas w/o them)

We also sometimes make cheesecake.  Just depends on how busy we are leading up to the big days.  =)

tonyalynn
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 5:55 PM

This year is our first holidays away from home, so I'm in charge of everything. Im thinking pumpkin pie and sweet potatoe something. Just not sure yet. I'm not the best cook, so it might be store bought instead of homemade.

Wife to BlakearmyMom to Madison and Katelyntoddler girlbaby girl

scleblanc
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Thanksgiving will be pecan pie, pumkin pie and some sort of chocolate dessert for my dh

Christmas will be pecan pie, maybe a waldorf type salad and assorted cookies and candies.

MuddyHuggies
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Thanksgiving- pumpkin pie, apple pie, Jello pies, Italian cookies.

Christmas- pumpkin pie, Jello pie, fudge, Italian cookies and cheese cake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)