Group Home

is it too late? (starting traditions)

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 9:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

ok so I read another post and it got me thinking.  Is it too late to start a tradition?  The other post said something about getting a yearly ornament every year.  My husband and I have been together over 8 years.... but we are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary this year.  Is it too late to just start doing something like this?  I think it is a great idea, and I am pretty sure we got one last year because it was our first married Christmas together.  So what do you think? 

by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
annabellelee
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 9:04 PM

It's never too late.

heidi_val
by Member on Nov. 7, 2009 at 9:04 PM

It's never to late! 

KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Quoting heidi_val:

It's never to late! 

Bobbij24
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Hey There...

First off...Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary. I too have been with my DH for 4 yrs and we will be celebrating our 1st anniversary this year on Christmas Eve!!

I don't think it is ever too late to start a tradition. After all they have to start somewhere!! We started doing a family ornament a couple of years ago, but you could do many differnt things. Another thing that we do and have been doing for years is getting the kids dressed in their jammies and driving around town looking at the lights! I'm sure you will come up with a wonderful tradition that will be passed down over many years!

ohmommamia
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Oh no it's not too late.  That is a good tradition.  We have done this since the kids were born and now the oldest 2 are 17 and 14 and that is their favorite thing about decorating for Christmas.  They love to look at their ornaments from over the years and the ones they have made in Sunday School or at school.

MommaReynolds
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM

No way! its never too late to start a tradition! Plus....if you're worried about the whole being together 8 years....maked it a  MARRIED tradition! :D

Thanks...you gave me a GREAT idea for DH and I! This will be our first married Christmas.

momtoezzie
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Quoting annabellelee:

It's never too late.

Boothfamily
by on Nov. 7, 2009 at 10:45 PM

It's never too late to start a tradition. And you could always go get ornaments and get them to write the date of the years missed on them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. amyjane22
  2. ceciliam
  3. childofgod04
  4. suziejax
  5. mrswillie
  6. SweetLuci