Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far do you travel?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: How do you do the Holiday's.

Options:

Traveling to a relatives house.

Relatives coming to your house.

Just going to be you and the kids this year.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

My family all used to live close but now we are spread out over the US and one in the Ukraine. This year my parents and siblings that live in S. Dakota and Virginia are coming here for the Holidays. Last year my siblings that live around me only got together.

I just wondered if anyone was traveling out of state or family was coming to your house for the Holiday's.

reindeer 1reindeer 2sleigh

by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
twinmamaof3
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 9:37 AM

we used to travel when we lived i ks we would make the 6 hour drive here, (I know not far but with three small ones ite even longer)  now we are stationed in the same state as my parents, so we only have to drive 10 minutes to get to tere house, and 45 minutes for my in inlaws.  we spend christmas eve with my inlaws and christmas day with my family since it is my birthday.

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM

we are going to travel to MIL's house this year. We drive and its about 500 miles. Then we swing to Reno to visit my bff for a couple days and thats a added 300 miles. But its fun. We take that trip a few times a year, so we know what and where to stop for things like potty breaks, food, starbucks!

ANNimal
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I didn't vote in the poll because I'm in an odd situation this year for the first time.  Last year, I lived out of town and couldn't travel back to my family, so I missed it entirely.  The years prior to that, we all lived in town and went to my mother's house for the big fam-feast.  

However, this year I am back in town, seven miles down the road from my daughter and my mother passed away Easter Sunday, so there is no big fam-feast planned.  My daughter and my niece are both married and will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with the in-laws. My daughter and grandson will probably stop by at some point of the day to say hello, but with me being broke and living alone and starting chemo Wednesday (11/11) of this week, there won't be money for me to create a holiday meal for them on Thanksgiving or Christmas.  My daughter's birthday also falls in between those two holidays, so it's a rough time for me, especially this year.  I've got to figure out a way to come up with some money somewhere to buy a few Christmas presents for my grandson - he'll be almost 17 months by the time Christmas is here and I missed his first Christmas - I don't want to miss anymore with him.... He's the light in my heart that makes me fight to stay alive!  He is my renewed faith in love and happiness. 

chocolate~ Save the Earth !!

~ It's the only planet with chocolate! 

scleblanc
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 2:53 PM

We will be staying home, dh is "on call" so we have to stay in town, not that he will do anything, but still. I hope that my mom and siblings will be able to come here though.

L0ve
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM

My inlaws will be here (my MIL has been here since August 9 -FIL will arrive on Dec 19th) and the 20-22 my Dad and his partner will be flying in from CA but they won't be staying with us.  Other than that we aren't traveling anywhere.  We have 3 small small children and I don't think I would want to travel anywhere with all 3 of them this year!

Mommy to Arielle, 2/17/07, Leilani, 6/15/08 and Loic, 9/10/09!

blowing bubblestoddler girlbaby boy

mombrinda3
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Quoting ANNimal:

I didn't vote in the poll because I'm in an odd situation this year for the first time.  Last year, I lived out of town and couldn't travel back to my family, so I missed it entirely.  The years prior to that, we all lived in town and went to my mother's house for the big fam-feast.  

However, this year I am back in town, seven miles down the road from my daughter and my mother passed away Easter Sunday, so there is no big fam-feast planned.  My daughter and my niece are both married and will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with the in-laws. My daughter and grandson will probably stop by at some point of the day to say hello, but with me being broke and living alone and starting chemo Wednesday (11/11) of this week, there won't be money for me to create a holiday meal for them on Thanksgiving or Christmas.  My daughter's birthday also falls in between those two holidays, so it's a rough time for me, especially this year.  I've got to figure out a way to come up with some money somewhere to buy a few Christmas presents for my grandson - he'll be almost 17 months by the time Christmas is here and I missed his first Christmas - I don't want to miss anymore with him.... He's the light in my heart that makes me fight to stay alive!  He is my renewed faith in love and happiness. 

Your grandson is adorable. I hope everything goes ok on Wednesday for you. I will be thinking of you.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your daughter and grandson.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN