Group Home

Using gift card for Black Friday?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:05 PM
  • 9 Replies

Is anyone saving their gift card to use for Black Friday?  I still am not sure how I will spend mine but I keep thinking I should save it for Black Friday.  I love shopping that day and am sure I could find some awesome deals.

Mom to Brodie (7/22/07).  My miracle baby!

Group Owner of: Natural Parenting: Cloth Diapering, AP, and more!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/thenaturalway

Group Ownner of: Wool Lovers http://www.cafemom.com/group/woolielovers

Group Admin of: Cloth Diapering http://www.cafemom.com/group/clothdiapers

by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sunshine86912
by on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:07 PM

i am going to kmart tomorrow to look around i think..but if i dont find anything then i am going to save it till blackfriday because i know i will find something then!

alouya21
by Member on Nov. 8, 2009 at 11:32 PM

how do u get a card?

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:59 AM

My daughter's B-day is this weekend, so I will probably stock up on stuff for her party as well as get in some Christmas decorations but may wait until any Veteran's Day sale!

Black Friday is every friday or are we talking day after Thanksgiving and Christmas sort of thing?

momof5inohio
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I was going to but if you read the directions that you got from cafemom about the card it said that it should be spent at a certain date. I would check that first hon.

cheergurl84
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Oops.  It does say that.  I thought I remembered someone else on here saying they were using their card for after Thanksgiving day sales.  I'll definitely be spending more than $50 on Christmas anyway so time for me to go shopping at Kmart! :)

Quoting momof5inohio:

I was going to but if you read the directions that you got from cafemom about the card it said that it should be spent at a certain date. I would check that first hon.

Mom to Brodie (7/22/07).  My miracle baby!

Group Owner of: Natural Parenting: Cloth Diapering, AP, and more!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/thenaturalway

Group Ownner of: Wool Lovers http://www.cafemom.com/group/woolielovers

Group Admin of: Cloth Diapering http://www.cafemom.com/group/clothdiapers

MommaReynolds
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Black Friday is the  Day after Thanksgiving. I can't remember why its called "Black Friday" but i know it has something to do with the sales that day! 

Quoting MixedCooke:

My daughter's B-day is this weekend, so I will probably stock up on stuff for her party as well as get in some Christmas decorations but may wait until any Veteran's Day sale!

Black Friday is every friday or are we talking day after Thanksgiving and Christmas sort of thing?

sunshine86912
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:55 PM

it doenst specify that you have to use it before then..it just says to post how you plan on getting the most for your money..and then gives some suggestions

Post #2 - Try one of these great tactics to get the most for your money at Kmart and tell us your thoughts:

• Better than Black Friday Sales
  • Christmas Countdown/Daily Deals
  • 0% Financing, Shop Your Way Rewards
  • Blue Light Specials
  • Tips from Kmart Communities (Smart Shoppers Unite, MyKmart, KmartDesign)

doesnt exactly say you CANT use it then..I guess they would prefer you to use it before then though...

Quoting cheergurl84:

Oops.  It does say that.  I thought I remembered someone else on here saying they were using their card for after Thanksgiving day sales.  I'll definitely be spending more than $50 on Christmas anyway so time for me to go shopping at Kmart! :)

Quoting momof5inohio:

sunshine86912
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:56 PM

normally sales are in the red because companies dont normally meet their quota for the day..buu on "black fridya" the sales are in the black because they sell so much or something..i learned this at one point! lol

Quoting MommaReynolds:

Black Friday is the  Day after Thanksgiving. I can't remember why its called "Black Friday" but i know it has something to do with the sales that day! 

Quoting MixedCooke:

momof5inohio
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 1:47 PM

This is what my message said.

Complete the Following Assignments

We'd like you to make 2 posts sharing your Kmart holiday shopping experience in the Holiday Planning group on CafeMom. 

Post #1 - Create a post about how much you can get for $50 at Kmart. Here are some suggestions on how you can get the most out of your $50.

• Spend $10 on 5 people to show you care
  • Use $50 to buy gifts for the entire family
  • Use $50 to buy gifts for teachers, delivery man, babysitter, superintendent, etc.
  • Spend $50 to put together your holiday table, decorations, etc.
  • Find the best gift for under $50

Please post your comments as a reply to the Holiday Shopping at Kmart (Non-Video Influencers) post in the Holiday Planning group by 11/9.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80