Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you travel or do people travel to you?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:28 AM
  • 11 Replies

When the holidays come around, I plan for a full house. With 3 kids and 3 adults (my husband, myself, and my mother) we have more space than anyone in my husband's family. Therefore, we get invaded for the holidays. Plus, as the only one's with kids, they all come to our house so that we don't have to pack for not just the 3 kids but all the stuff that has to accompany those 3 kids. LOL It's nice knowing that we don't have to be on the road for the holiday.

Do you travel somewhere or stay where you are for the holidays?

Barbie and Ken, Married for 11 years!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aviecse
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM

I so understand what you mean. With my husband and i having the only children they come to us. even though we live in a townhouse my mother in law lives in the same town we do so we all have the holidays at her house there is pleny of room. Plus with 4 children like you said its hard to travel.

s.t.e.p.h
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:56 AM

We go to my husbands grandmothers house. She actually just lives about 5 minutes down the street. But everyone else in the family lives 2+ hours away, so they all travel up here.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

momof3angela
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Right now we are all in the same state...so no one really has to drive more than 40 min.  My step daughter is doing both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.  I'll do Christmas Eve though. 

Teeshann
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM

we've normally been the ones to travel as we were the only ones who lived out of state. this year we are back with family and will only have to travel 3 hours rather than 12. so it will be nice.

ohmommamia
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I travel!  All of my extended family lives in the same area and I am about 3 hours away, so we go there to stay with my parents.  This year for Thanksgiving we are staying home and my parents are coming here, but we will be going there for Christmas.

reneelfrey
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM

The past 2 Christmas's we have stayed home and relatives have come to us... it was so much easier with the kids.

singlemomof2nok
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 12:14 PM

If anyone comes, they travel to me

iHEAVENn
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 2:51 PM

We stay home for Christmas... but we try and make a yearly trip to California around Halloween/Thanksgiving time..

This year we wont be going as we had to buy a new car and we're strapped for money, but my mother will be coming up for Thanksgiving/my son's 3rd birthday

LilMissCupcake
by on Oct. 22, 2010 at 3:00 PM

we dont really have to travel most of the dinners and stuff are here at our house

AM-BRAT
by on Oct. 23, 2010 at 4:23 PM

My dad lives about an hour away, we go there for each holiday on an off day. Except thanksgiving, we go the actual day.

MIL lives in this town, so we go there, but no real traveling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)