Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Explaining Christmas

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM
  • 3 Replies

How do you explain Christmas to your Children? We are not very religous, but do believe in God. I am looking for some ways to discuss the meaning of Christmas with my 2 and 3 year olds.  Any good books, Movies, etc that u can think of that have a good way of explaining that Christmas is not all about gifts.

Thanks=)

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomToBeISaMom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM

"Room For A LIttle One" is a good book for a 2 or 3 year old.  At that age, less is more.  Maybe sing Happy Birthday to Jesus, and explain that we give gifts because it is His birthday and because He gave us the biggest gift of all.  I wouldn't go into it too deeply though.

MomX04
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM

My children know the Christian version of Christmas and the commercialized version of Christmas.  I just explained it to them as they asked, the commercialized version they knew first cause I always get in a mood around this time of year because of all the lines and crowds that I absolutely detest.

bonham
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:35 PM

If you have a christian Book Store in your Area! Like I go to Mardles and Look around for stuff cause They have great stuff in there that talks about the real Meaning of Christmas! I have a couple of books..But even Wal-mart might have some in the book Section! Just look around... 

Flower GownsrudolphChristmas DollsThe magic spirit of Christmas on your desktop

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)