Group Home

Christmas Eve or Christmas morn?

Posted by   + Show Post

When do you&your fam open gifts? We normally do all big gifts Christmas morn. But we do allow them to open a few small gifts on Christmas eve. Sometimes we go over to my parents house and have some dinner(pizza) xmas eve&let the kids open gifts from g-parents other than that its more wrapping paper to clean up later LOL!

Hottmomma607

http://www.cafemom/group/tacomagossip.com
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM
Replies (21-28):
Rebesmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:06 PM

My husband's family always has their Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve and my family always on Christmas morning/day. So Christmas Eve we go to his family and Chistmas morning to my dad's. We also have a tradition in my family to open one or two gifts Christmas eve night(usually new pjs and slippers), so I'm starting that tradition with my 2 yr old as well.

Andrea-SAHM to Rebekah 2yrs.smile mini

jbcmom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:12 PM

we open all presents on christmas morning.

KalsMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:15 PM

All growing up there was only 1 present  for each of us, and my mom didn't put it out till a couple of days before xmas eve. On Christmas Eve we got to open that one present...which was pj's.

I will continue this with my son only adding a book that we can read together as a family in front of the tree in his new pj's before putting out the milk and cookies for Santa.

All the other presents are from Santa so they don't get to the house till he is sleeping on xmas eve when Santa comes!!!

pregnancy week by week

karanmi
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:28 AM

All  our kids are grown and have families of their own. We celebrate Christmas with them all on Christmas Eve. That way Christmas Day is clear for them to celebrate with their spouces families.  The only gifts opened on Christmas morning are the gifts my hubbie and I have for each other. We spend a quiet morning drinking coffee opening each others gifts while listening to Chroistmas Music.

gift

grace2joy
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:31 AM

We do gifts Christmas morning.  The kids do get a few gifts Christmas Eve after Chruch from thier Aunts & Uncles.

Missy_Dye
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Christmas Morning...thats how it was for me when I was little and thats what i do with my son. my brother does the 12 days of Christmas for the kids they get a piece of candy or a dollar toy for 12 days before and they all love that. i haven't tried that but would love too

MommaReynolds
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:48 AM

In the past we've gone to my in-laws Christmas Eve for the "big" celebration with EVERYONE! Grandma's, aunts, uncles, cousins are all there...and we exchange gifts with that special group of people. Then everyone would go home. Christmas morning we do the Santa thing at like 7-8am and then go back to my in-laws for breakfast (biscuits and gravy) and then opening presents from them...and then my brothers and sister in law open their Santa gifts (they are 6,8,10 years old)

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Well since dd is only 2.5 we are still trying to come up with traditions of our own...someone suggested opening Christmas Jammies on Christmas eve. So thats what im gonna do. Nothing else though, i enjoy watching everything be opened Christmas morning....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80