Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do you decorate outside for the holidays?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM
  • 24 Replies

My husband was wanting to decorate outside within the next few days because the weather is going to be nice. I told him though that it seems to me a little too early, and I don't want to cut Thanksgiving short but already decorating outside for Christmas. He says "Sure, of course you wanna wait till its cold to make me to it"...lol.

What do you think? How soon do you decorate your house front?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tonyalynn
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I would do it, but only because I'm so excited for Christmas. But my husband want help me with any decorations until after Thanksgiving.

Wife to BlakearmyMom to Madison and Katelyntoddler girlbaby girl

organizedmess
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Im doing it today and tomorrow.. I cant wait!!!! If he wants to do it just because of the weather, then mabye you could comprimise by not turning the lights on until after thanksgiving?

BaezBoyz
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I'm waiting til' after Thanksgiving. Having it up for sooo long tends to get boring after a while.

Stephanie3804
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 1:48 PM

We're starting on our yard this week, but we have a ton of decorations so we are usually putting them up until Christmas.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Amy_Lee
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM

the outside we just started a few days ago...  the inside we are doing on Black Friday after shopping..  But I don't know, because I am thinking I want to do it a little earlier than that, because Thanksgiving and Black Friday are going to be so hectic this year for us...  

I am married to my best friend who happens to be the sexiest man on Earth, I am a mommy to 2 beautiful girls..  I am a Christian mamma, but I won't shove anything down your throat. I am a Pro-life, Breastfeeding, happily married mamma. 

if you love Halloween, come to my group.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/halloweenlvrsunite

jnlwelch
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM

It's a big tradition at our house to do it the day after Thanksgiving.  We make a big day of it and it's so much fun! (And a lot of work)

SMLemos
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:48 PM

We normally do it the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Friday or Saturday.  I am so anxious though.  There is this lady in our neighborhood who really goes all out, and she put her Christmas stuff up this last weekend.  So I want my stuff up even more now. 

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM

First weekend of December, same time I put up the tree. I only decorate the window, not the lawn.

summerdayz
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I don't put any lights outside until the first week of December.

Casie.Lynne
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:27 PM

usually the weekend after thanksgiving is when we start decorating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)