Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas tree question

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:10 PM
  • 22 Replies

Do you have a theme to your tree (colors etc?) or is it ust random things you collect every year?

Also Do you have a fake tree or do you get a real one every year?

sammy.jpg picture by MmySteph2

Lilypie - (KJ4q)

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
qtmomof2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Yeah ..ours is white lights with gold ornaments.

sophiesmom07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I have pre-lit fake tree and I've been decorating it with red, gold and green along with lots of random ornaments. 

michelle623
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM

We get a real tree every year and don't have any particular decorating theme. 

table4six
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM

We have a fake tree.  I use maroon and gold ribbons and bows. 

Crystallynn
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM

We have a fake- prelit tree.  My ornaments are all red and silver, but we might change them up this year... I am not sure yet. 

Mom2Jack04
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM

We have a fake pre-lit tree.  It has Multi colored lights....my mom switched to all white and sticks with mostly white, red and gold ornaments....I like color.  Normaly we put it up Thanksgiving weekend, I put it up today because i'm pregnant and wanted to do it sooner rather than later.

Most of my ornaments are big and colorful, years ago I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics after Christmas and they had huge $10 ornaments marked down to $1-$2 each, I bought tons of those.  So I put those large ones on the tree then fill it up with smaller ornaments, most are glass but we have a few special ornaments we put on every year.  I bought a new red light up bow from Wal-Mart this year and then I put gold and red ribbon cascading down it.....

I need more red ribbon but ran out, here is what it looks like:

brittni_1312
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:25 PM

i do i diferent theme each year i have a fake tree last year i did orange and purple with white lights this year im doing red and gold with white lights

tretresmom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM

We have a fake tree, I use colored lights & all different ornaments ( anything I find that is cute  LOL ) 

Mrs.mommywhite3
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I love the tree with the ribbon from a pp. we just moved and I left all the Christmas stuff behind, so this year we get to start fresh, so I was thinking the dark pine fake tree thats lite up that walmart has and maybe silver and blue color theme. My hubby wants a real tree and if he gets his way with the real tree I will pick out red and gold colors I think, not sure.

sammy.jpg picture by MmySteph2

Lilypie - (KJ4q)

EbonySnow
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM

we do a fake tree with a blue & silver theme but it is filled with random stuff thrown in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)