Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when you were little......

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM
  • 23 Replies

what were some of the yummy food your mom/dad made that you just cant seem to  make as good?

for me its peanut butter and jelly...yes totally simple but when my mom made it, it tasted so yummy.

or the bologna and cheese from the lunch box when in elementary school...oh gosh i loved when my mom made my lunch....

Enchiladas...my mom makes them so good and i cant for the life of me make them as good.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Everything.  I think food always tastes better when someone else makes it and my Mom is a darn good cook. 

Mom2Jack04
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I'm aweful at baking cookies.  I can bake breads, pies, cakes, anything but cookies always end up flat and burnt.....

mom18103
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM

My moms homemade mac' & cheese! 

psych_mom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM

my mom's fried chicken, chicken and dumplings and corn bread!

sweetkisses277
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:06 PM

My mom didnt really like to cook....we enjoyed alot of Papa John's pizza when I was at home haha :) My grandma made WONDERFUL meatloaf and pot roast that with potatoes :)

dixiecharmer
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:10 PM

My mothers home made cream of potato soup with home made egg noodles.  The noodles were light and fluffy.  She sometimes put bits of bacon in it for flavor.  She used carnation canned milk that she added to the water that she cooked the potatoes in.  It became thick and creamy.  This was served the day before Thanksgiving as a simple supper.

Dixiecharmer

mommaslilman06
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM

im too afraid to try, but my moms thanksgiving/christmas stuffing. its a simple recipe from the good housekeeping illistrated cookbook from the 80's but its SOOO yummy. even my hubby who doesnt like stuffing loves it. im sure there is something else but thats what i cant think off first

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers        PhotobucketPhotobucketbreastfeeding,8 month

blueyedtrouble1
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:37 PM

not only when i was little, but now: peanut butter fudge! my mom makes the best and has no recipe for it, she just "mixes until it's right" which means i will never be able to make it LOL

CVislosky
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:43 PM

My mommy makes Hamburger Helper soooo much better than I do. My daddy makes chili and I know how to make it but I just can't get it right.  

JustGail
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

my dad is an awesome cook and pretty much makes everything taste better.............but..............can make a meatball that is soooooo amazing..........we've all tried............i've gotten close.....but it's just not the same!

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)