Group Home

Please Let Me Give My Son A Christmas He Deserves !!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM
  • 4 Replies

My life has changed completley in the past 2 years. I was addicted to drugs and was sent away from my son for 2 years. I am so happy being sober and being a Mom that I always knew I could and wanted to be. So when I returned back into my sons life, he lost his father to drugs. I am having the hardest time doing this on my own and not having a job. I would be so blessd to win this $500 gift card for Christmas,,,,My son deserves it......

Thank You,sleigh

Tara Lynn

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tinadf7
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Congratulations on turning your life around. How old is your son?

MarthaCrocker
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Its Great to hear that you've done one of the hardest things to do, How old is your son? I know it would be great to win the card  but if you don't, you may want to try doing something special, one put his name on an angel tree(salvation army) they will do so much for your son present wise, and Christmas dinner too. Then maybe if hes old enough to understand , he may already think the best gift you could give him is your sobriety? Kids see things in a clearer light than we think. But , another idea is as lame as it sounds, you and he sit down one evening and make each other something then wrap it and give to each other.

But definitely go to Salvation Army or another org. that helps out, don't feel funny about doing it, its for your son, not yourself and no one would know least of all him. But I do understand what you are going through been there believe me been there. Good Luck hon, and Merry Christmas!!

shell81
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Congrats on being sober... BUT Contact the salvation army and local churches. They do help. If your child is old enough contact his school. IF he is younger than school age trust me he will be happy with anything he gets.. He is young. He won't remember. Don't stress about it.

Contact your local children services office!They can put you in touch with people.

Toys for tots also!

Group Owner To - Moms With Blended Families

Group Admin To - Group Owner's Club

scleblanc
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I agree with earlier post, contact the salvation army or other help agencies, don't just count on winning the 500.00. I also wanted to say congrats on getting sober, I don't imagine that could have been easy. God Bless and Merry Christmas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky