Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decorating

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

When do you start decorating your home for Christmas?  Also what are the rooms you decorate in your home?  We all have different ideas this should prove interesting.  At least to me it will, I hope it does for you too.

In His service,

Brenda

wreath

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsjmomma
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:14 AM

We will probably put up the outside lights soon and turn them on right after Thanksgiving.  DD's birthday is Dec. 1st so we've been waiting until after to put the decorations up so that it makes her birthday and Christmas a little more separate.  I honestly think she wouldn't mind having them up earlier this year though! She's turning 3 and we've already been listening to Christmas music and she's been talking nonstop about Santa.

If it wasn't for her bday we would put them up Thanksgiving weekend.  I was debating having her party on Sat. so that we could decorate on Sun. but I wanted to leave myself more time to make her cake during the weekend in case I mess it up.hehe so her party Sun.

Mom2_2Boys
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I decorate every room except my bedroom. Not crazy decorating just a little. The living room is the only room I go all out on. Otherwise, Kitchen I just do towels and floor rug by the sink, spoon rest and things like that. The bathroom I do towels, soap dispenser and a couple of santa pictures, and the boys bedroom I put their own little tree. My oldest plays football, so he has a tree decorated in black and gold, his football colors, and my youngest plays baseball so he has baseballs and red beads on his. The dining room has placemats and candles.

efeyer25
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:51 AM

I usually decorate the inside mainly just in the front room. All 3 of my kids have thier own little trees that they put up in thier rooms too.

I always decorate outside...LOVE IT!!!

We usually get out all of the decorations & start putting them up the weekend after Thanksgiving but sometimes the weekend before...depends on what else is going on.

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 2:10 AM

The day after Thanksgiving is when the Christmas stuff comes out. Hubby has Duty this Thanksgiving so everything is pushed back a day....we arnt doing much decor this year though because we are going to MIL's for basically the entire month of Dec.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:36 AM

We decorate right after Thanksgiving, we put lights and decorations up all outside the home, in the living room and family room and also the kitchen.  We hang door knob hangers or stockings on the door knobs as well.

KalsMommy
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 7:06 AM

This is our first year in our new home. So I am SO excited to start! I have done my mantle so far but it's not finished and my husband has but the big blow up Santa outside for my son! He wanted it up and was all excited so him and hubby put it up! I did get my decorations for he farmers porch so I may do that this weekend!!!

The tree has to wait till Black Friday.

pregnancy week by week

ajswenson
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 2:05 PM

It just depends on the day I get it out!! This year I think we are doing 3 trees, one more than last year.  It all happened on accident!  We put our big tree downstairs so our crazy toddler DD wouldn't get into it, but then I felt like the main living room was sad without a tree so I got a little table top one.  Now this year we are doing that plus putting one on our enclosed back porch so that we can enjoy it from the dining room and kitchen.  LOL  DH wants to put up a real one and so that what we agreed on.  We'll see.  I keep looking at the totes.  usually I don't get them out until Thanksgiving weekend.

akyan
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:58 PM

this will be my first time decorating  my house and i need everything... and i already staring to buy from K mart!!

Catrin2009
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Usually the night of Thanksgiving. But this year is gonna be different. We decorate, the living room, kitchen, & family room.

TiaraMom19
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Hi,I love to decorate my home from top to bottom.I have a very small and modest home but I decorate it to the nines anyway.I decorate outside,and every room except the bedrooms.I would do that too but I have to give my dh,and kids some say...lol....

holding ornamentsTIA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)