Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

putting lights on the tree

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:17 AM
  • 14 Replies

any easy suggestions for putting lights on the tree - I always have to do it and I hate it - makes me not even want to put it up - there has to be some magical easy way that I have not figure out - lol

by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scleblanc
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Sorry, I only have 3 words for ya..... Pre-lit-tree

ajswenson
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:21 AM

I keep thinking I should go this route, but they just don't have enough lights for me...I'm a light freak.  I suppose I could get one and then add more - it would save me a little time.

Quoting scleblanc:

KyliesMom5
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I don't know it has always been a job for the men in the family. My brother had to teach my husband how we have always done it (colered lights on inside of tree and white on outside).

Turkeysmom
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM

Quoting ajswenson:

I keep thinking I should go this route, but they just don't have enough lights for me...I'm a light freak.  I suppose I could get one and then add more - it would save me a little time.

Quoting scleblanc:

I am the same way.  I have a pre-lit tree with white lights and I always add color lights to it as well.  I love lights also.

karanmi
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I always figure 100 lights per foot of tree at the minimum. To me the more the prettier the tree. I  start at the bottom and work my way up.  I start placing lights clear into the inside of the tree and bring then to the outer part and back in. I find twisting them around the branches helps to hold in place.   Work your way to the top of the tree and add your top ornament if lite and there you have it.  When taking down start from the top and just work your way down the tree one strand at a time. I find winding them around  a sturdy sqwuare of cardboad to store works great and keeps them from getting tangles. holding ornaments

Hope this helps.

Karan

SpencersMommie
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 9:34 AM

My husband always puts the lights on the tree.  My tree is 13 years old and still looks pretty good so we bought LED lights instead of buying a new tree that was pre-lit.  I like the look of larger bulbs on a tree vs the tiny lights.  I have to have colored lights but a couple strands of white mixed in does look pretty nice.

kbear222
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:08 AM

that is what I end up doing - lol

kbear222
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:09 AM

good for  you - I never managed to get him to do that!

holding ornaments

kbear222
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:11 AM

I keep getting smaller trees - lol

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 10:19 AM

hubby always does it, and it makes me dizzy watching him because he walks around the tree until the lights are all on...lol...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN