Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift ideas for a teen?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

A 17yo son! He is itching for a PS3. But I don't know we have enough game systems in the house. He likes to draw&read. He also enjoys movies. I'm leaning towards a reasonable budget for my kids they have food,clothes&roof over they heads sooooo there for they don't need a lot of things. Any suggestions?

Hottmomma607

http://www.cafemom/group/tacomagossip.com
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momof3angela
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Would he be offended if you bought him a giftcard to a place he could pick out something of interest?  That way it's affordable to you and he get's to pick it. 

table4six
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:35 AM

You said he likes to draw so maybe some art supplies.  A gift card to the movie theater or a movie rental place would be good.  A gift card to a book store also might work. 

tdmag
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

You could get him an easel, some oil paints and a beret.    ;)

Hottmomma607
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM

No he wouldn't be offended about the gift card! Good idea on the easel&paints! Thanks!

Women who love Black Men

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22341

organizedmess
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:20 PM

The PS3 is pretty amazing if you didnt know already... I bought it for my sisters last year since they always wanted to play ours at my house.... They actually use the internet on it for homework and stuff not just for the video games..... plus the blu-ray player is sweet=) 

Oh and My sister (16) is begging for Northface and racing jackets.... they are kind of pricey...just a thought

Kim24kids
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I was going to say gift card and how about a game he would want for a system U already have...and the easel and art supplies is also a Great idea=) GL 

Happy Holidays!!

3mom627
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:40 PM

My teens wanted an XBox 360.  We have an old Game Cube, 2 PSP's and a PS2.  We are trying to stick to a budget and discussed the XBox with them and they thankfully, decided against it.  We bought the PS2 last year used and took out a warranty on it, of which we had to use.  But, it was a lot cheaper than a new one.  The game systems are nice, but the novelty does wear off, plus, the games can be soooo expensive.  I think the easel, gift cards would be  a nice alternative.  My youngest son is into Ed Hardy clothing, but they are extremely expensive.  My other two kids aren't into any particular designer this year. 

Cheryle A. Roberts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)