Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate how things work out sometimes.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM
  • 14 Replies

I work retail so there is no way I can have off on Christmas eve. But guess what my DH has to work 7am -7pm on Christams day. This really stinks. I guess we'll have a short and sweet Christmas this year. I told my boys we'll have to write a letter to Santa asking him to come to our house first on Christmas Eve. Hopefully I can be off by 2pm on Christmas Eve.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittni_1312
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:47 AM

oh man that eally sucks i hope everything works for ya 

aviecse
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

aww i am sorry i hope you guys work something out

tretresmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I am sorry, that sucks so bad. 

Mom2Jack04
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Awww that stinks, what does he do to have to work such a long shift on Christmas?

MommaReynolds
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:50 AM

aww! i'm sorry! I had to work last Christmas Eve for half a day (my MIL wouldn't watch my kids for me)  It sucked big time! 

What does your husband do?

valerie0103
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM

I'm a waitress and I have to work 6am till 2 pm Christmas DAY. It really sucks. It should be manitory to be off on Christmas Eve and Day

summerdayz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:56 PM

I worked at Kmart for 10 years, and I always worked on Christmas Eve until 6pm. It was alright, except for being crazy busy !  That was back before Walmart was around here too, so the store was always like a nuthouse anyway, and 100 times worse around Christmas . LOL !
 I quit back in '93, so I don't know what kind of hours they have on Christmas Eve now. 

CVislosky
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I hate it when things like that happen. My mom always got asked which holidays she wanted to work on.  

mrsjmomma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Aww I'm sorry thats terrible!

Mom2_2Boys
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I work for Albertsons supermarket and the only people they let off is like the hs kids. I'm the only one in my dept. so I have to be there. I think after I get off at 2 we will take the kiddo's somewhere like the park or somewhere, (weather permitting) and have my brother sneak in and play santa, that way we'll at least have several hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)