Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is going to be SO spoiled this Christmas!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM
  • 6 Replies

We started shopping for our two year old early with a budget of $150.  Well, my mom is my sounding board.  I always call her when I'm trying to make a decision.  She kept going "oh, go ahead and just get it and I'll pay half" (she LOVES to spoil my son, no bashing) so by the time we finished using our $150 my son is getting...

A tricycle (a high quality one we found on sale for $60 marked down from $120, then my mom paid half)

An RC tractor (corded RC but he LOVED this thing in the store!)

A hot wheels car carrier truck

A play BBQ set (on sale for $10 at ross, comes with the cutting food that he loves)

Last night we were out to get him just one more gift.  We hadn't spent our $150 (more like $80) but he already had quite a bit so we decided just one more thing.  I was trying to decide between the Vtech Vmotion (he loves playing daddy's wii) and the tag junior so I called my mom for a third opinion.  The three of us put together (hubby, my mom and I) couldn't decide which he would like better so my mom said she would buy him the tag.  So now on top of that he has...

Vtech Vmotion

Tag Junior Reading System

He is SO done!  If I do happen to get him anything else it will be a game for his vmotion or a book for his tag!  Anyways, for $130 I don't think we did too bad!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bonham
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM

That is so Awesome...I mean all that for your DS...WOW..Sounds like my MIL..she loves to spoil DD with Gifts..lol!  

princessesmomma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I love shopping on budgets and finding good deals!!!

PRO birth bonding, pro LIFE,  PRO breastfeeding, PRO babywearing, PRO CO-SLEEPING, and non-CIO! LONGING TO ADOPT!

navyNavy wife 2001   playing soccer girlDD#1 2002way to goDD#2 2004toddler girlDD#3 2008come homeDEPLOYED SINCE MAY 09

JennyMarie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Oddly it is ironic how when setting a budget you get better deals. It is the impulse shopping that runs you in the ground. Good for  you , I'm glad you are doing so great

Rushn311
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:17 AM

That's so true!

Quoting JennyMarie:

Oddly it is ironic how when setting a budget you get better deals. It is the impulse shopping that runs you in the ground. Good for  you , I'm glad you are doing so great

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 1:54 AM

those all sound fabulous!!! my dd is going to be a tad spoiled this year too because we are going to be up at MIL's for Christmas...oh no...hahaha. BUT, i dont normally buy toys throughout the year, so Christmas and Birthdays are when i splurge.

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

See, my in-laws might get him one small thing for Christmas.  My dad has set their budget to $100 and is so picky about what he buys (half of the time my son won't even use it because the things that make my dad's standards are things my son won't use.  He won't buy him any type of ride on toy because he already has a cozy coupe, won't buy him more trio blocks because he has wooden blocks, won't buy him trucks because he has some, etc.) so my mom wanted to get him some stuff he REALLY wants and spoil him.  All of the spoiling has to come from us!  Half of the time I end up returning what my parents get him for something better.  His first Christmas I returned his jumperoo (he didn't like it at all) and bought him the laugh and learn home which he still plays with to this day.  It's just so hard to find something my dad deems worthy of buying!

Quoting Bekah062205:

those all sound fabulous!!! my dd is going to be a tad spoiled this year too because we are going to be up at MIL's for Christmas...oh no...hahaha. BUT, i dont normally buy toys throughout the year, so Christmas and Birthdays are when i splurge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)