Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift giving

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 50 Replies

Hi Everyone!

I'm sure each of us, have at least one person on our list who is hard to buy for.  They have no hobbies, they have everything, they don't need anything, etc.

What do you buy for them?

If you haven't read this post check it out, it inspired this post.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM

My hubby is the hardest. He has hobbies but he has everything that he needs for them. When I ask what he wants, all I ever get is "I don't know." I have decided not to deal with that this year and am just focusing on the kids. I picked out and bought my own gift, so I'm letting him do the same.

table4six
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I have a couple people to buy for that are like that.  I just never know what to get them.  The movie night basket is a cute idea.

RanaAurora
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Our family is a huge giver of gift cards.  I know people think they're thoughtless, but in my family, it's thoughtFUL.

Luna Lovegoodhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RanaAurora/spellingisGOOD.gif
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

scleblanc
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM

How about a gift card to the mall

auroragold
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Sometimes I don't "buy" but I make. And no - you don't have to be crafty to "make".

One year I "made" a box of supplies for the hubster to use to complete and document his family tree history.  I purchased binders and made covers for them, added 3 hole punch plastic page protectors, tabs, etc.  It gave him a reason to organize the gazillion papers laying around!

mammaof3girls
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I have a hard time with my brothers....They dont really have hobbies and dont really need anything either. I always wind up buying them some clothing, a wallet, something along those lines.....

R24Olomos
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I try to figure out what they need and if it is to hard I just make a gift basket for a movie night or drink night a bottle of what ever booze they drink new shot glasses etc.... 

Stephanie3804
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I have the hardest time shopping for my brother who is 25. He's always buying stuff so I have no idea what to get him. I usually go with a gift card that way he can get what he wants.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
dqsmami06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Yep we have that issue with a couple of people and this year we are going to give mostly gift cards to like Wal-Mart, restaurants, Cinemark Theatre, and so on.....

evansmommy03
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I have two people who are very difficult to shop for.  My Grandpa is 90 is he literally has everything he needs so we usually buy him a huge swiss cheese wheel from Amish Country.  My Father in law is impossible he buys everything he wants and leaves nothing for us to get him.  We tend to give him a bottle of wine and sometimes cheese to go with it.  I usually do food for the hard to shop for, everyone eats. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)