Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving dinner

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:59 PM
  • 65 Replies

Hi Everyone!

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away today?

Do you do the cooking?  If not, where do you go?  If so, what is your menu for the day, how many people are you cooking for?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tretresmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Yes I am doing the cooking for my kids  LOL  I will be making turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, butternut squash & cranberry sauce.

momof3angela
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I used to for about 4 yrs....now my sweet step daughter has it at her house....   :0)  sometimes we all chip in and bring a dish or two

turkey dinner 

stephs0105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM

we all go to my grandmas and each bring something were going to be going there this thanksgiving and afterwards i will be cooking at my house for my little family its my first time cooking thanksgiving dinner so hopefully it comes out good im going to be making a turkey,ham,moashed potatos,cranberry sauce, rolls and a fruit salad

BlueCollarMama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Right now the menu is:

Smoked Beef Tenderloin (may change if one of the guys brings down a deer or bear)

Smoked Turkey

Mushroom Risotto

Mashed Potatoes

Baked Mac and Cheese

Dressing

Mushroom Gravy

Yorkshire Puddings (never had these before I met my husband whose from NY, really good)

Sauteed Asparagus

Garlic Green Beans

Glazed Carrots

Chocolate Torte

Buttermilk Pie

and Pumpkin Cheese Cake

This will be the last year we'll be able to have it at my in-laws unless the Army decides to keep us up here in NY. My MIL and I split the cooking.

Polly
Proud Army Wife and Mother of 5!

dqsmami06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM

This year we are staying home on the menu this year will be:

1. Turkey

2. Stuffing

3. Cranberry sauce

4. Cheddar Broccoli Rice (toddler loves it)

5. Potatoes

6. Maybe Corn

7. 2 Pies

8. Banana Pudding

Yep its alot for 2 and a half but the extras make good for hubbys lunch for work

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM

im doing the cooking....im so excited...here is our menu

-Breakfast

Apple Maple Sausage Breakfast Bundt

-No Lunch just snacks

Deviled eggs

little smokies rolled up in crescent rolls

whole black olives

-Dinner

Turkey soaked in a Sea Salt Brine

Stove Top Stuffing(Chicken Flavored, my fav)

Mascarpone and Chive mashed potatoes

Gravy(either homemade using the dripping of the turkey or jar)

Sweet Potato Casserole

Green Bean Casserole

Rolls

Cranberry sauce

-Dessert

Homemade Pumpkin Pie

Dutch Apple Pie(Courtesy of Sara Lee!)

.....im only cooking for dh, myself and dd. Im just getting excited for the leftovers!!!!

Vornicka
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Mmm.. turkey day..  Holidays are a bit hectic anyways with my ex and I no longer together. I have to plan for where I'm going, my daughter's destination, my folks, my ex's folks and so on and so forth.  At my folk's home we have a potluck type meal, we just make sure we know what dishes everyone are bringing. 

This year I'm making home made beef noodles to bring, my mother is making the turkey, rubbed down with cajin spices, we're having a crock-pot ham with brown sugar and 7-up and pinapple slices, greenbean casserole, deviled eggs, veggie tray, cheese tray (with summer sausage and the like), cheese ball, salad greens, mashed potatoes and gravey, crackers/chips for the cheese ball, veggie dip, hashbrown casserole, and a few different cakes and pies, one of them being a pumpkin cheese roll, pumpkin pie, and redvelvet cake with creamcheese icing.  My daughter likes the ham at least.. :P  We have ours on Sunday occationally since everyone is off then..

scleblanc
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I will be cooking, the menu is.Turkey, ham, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, corn on the cob, rice dressing, green bean cassarole, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, rolls. Not sure if anything else yet.

PollyMarie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM

This year I am grounded at home due to preterm labor.  We live about 4 hours from our family so we will be cooking for 2 this year, DH and me.  We are having turkey breast, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, macarroni and cheese, rolls, corn and a dessert that I haven't decided on yet.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Rogue35
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I will be cooking we do turkey, mashed potatoes ,stuffing, green beans and banana pudding, cheesecake and rolls.

rogue35

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)