Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have special Traditions that your family does?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM
  • 2 Replies

Do you have Special Traditions that your family does for the Holidays?

Since I was little, my mother always put out a nativity put no baby Jesus until Christmas Eve right after Midnight Mass. It is one of the Traditions that we shared. There were many religious and not so religious (more of a cultural thing).

She loved to bake Italian cookies and fix some sort of Italian food for the days leading up to Christmas. My parents would invite all the family around us and friends. She would send them and the neighbors plates full of cookies, candy, and give them the plate too. My mom still does this tradition today.

I love the warm memories of my childhood so I try and make sure I do the same things. My husband and his family only have one tradition which involves no open gifts under the tree from Santa to the kids. I never had that kind of Christmas and my husband thankfully likes to see the wonderment in the kids faces when they see the things Santa left.

We even have him eat the cookies and drink most of the milk. He got a kick out of it the first time he did this for my nephew. He even wrote a thank you note to Justin and his sister Tiana.

So any Special Traditions?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:12 AM

We have Christmas brunch.  LOL  We open one present at midnight.  We decorate the house like Rockefeller Center.  We get a huge fat tree--like 12 foot tall!  We open our homes to friends with no family, so we have a large extended family of friends.

s.t.e.p.h
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 7:53 AM

When me and my brother and sister were little, we always got to open one gift on Christmas eve. Every year that gift was a new set of pajamas. So every year on Christmas eve my kids get to open their one gift and its new pajamas. Now, they get into their pajamas and we read The Night Before Christmas.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)