Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inflatable Yard "Art"

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:25 AM
  • 43 Replies

Do you have any of these silly kitchie things in your yard?  I couldn't resist!  lol

My Snowman from last Winter

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom22tumblebugs
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:28 AM

My neighbor has a huge turkey on her lawn...

auroragold
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:28 AM

He's sweet!

I don't have any because I worry about whether it will blow over/away in a good storm and if you have to keep a pump on and lights (running electricity).

Tiredmom53
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:54 AM

we just put out Mr. Gobbles yesterday

miraclebabymine
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:05 AM

No inflatables here. We personally do not like them. No flimsy flat holographic pictures either. I think it's just a matter of personal taste and decorating style though.  

bam920
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:06 AM

We don't have any b/c I am too cheap to spend the money on them, but my kids LOVE to see them at other homes when we drive around!

table4six
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:12 AM

My mom bought me a couple after Christmas two years ago for really cheap!  She is the manager of the store so she knew when they got marked down.  I have a snow globe one and a penguin.  My kids love them!  I set them on a timer and they inflate at dark.  I will take a pic. of them and post it!

ajswenson
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:13 AM

We used to have MANY of them for Christmas. We were the Griswalds of inflatables.  We have greatly reduced our decorating.  We had a 20 foot arch, a 15' Santa, 3 snowmen on a sled, Thomas the train, a Chicago Bears football player, Scooby Doo, Snowman similar to yours,....I think that's it.  Not sure what we have left at this point.  What's silly is we decorated crazy BEFORE kids.  Now that we have kids who would think it's fun, we just don't have the energy to do it! LOL

TuMaiidiiTa.
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:16 AM

This.....

Quoting bam920:

We don't have any b/c I am too cheap to spend the money on them, but my kids LOVE to see them at other homes when we drive around!

Tiredmom53
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM

This is the time to hit thrift stores, we just bought a snowman and a piquin for 5.00 each at goodwill

Quoting bam920:

New Web Page: From the Past Studio

ncpofolksm. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

summerdayz
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Your snowman is really cute !! I never saw any turkeys around here yet....although dh saw a family of real turkeys walking down the street this morning. hahaha  !! 

The only thing I don't like about the inflatables , is when some people have a ton of them in their yard. It's just too much and looks like The Attack of the Inflatables !  LOL !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)