Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheap decorating........

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

I always get one of those Christmascoloring books for $1 and let the kids color ( and I color too, heehee ) then hang them all over the kitchen and in the enrty way. Its fun too! Do you have any cheap decorating tips?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
faeryheart
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM

i go to yard sales and thrift stores. i find really unique decorations, and i love the fact that they have a history, i prefer those kinds of decorations to new, boxed all-look-the-same ones! and you can't beat the prices!

holding ornaments 

KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Dollar store window stickies and spray snow

pregnancy
busybees124
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Homemade snowflakes cut out of white paper, paper chains using red and green construction paper, snowmen from paper.  I love homemade crafts!

tdmag
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Ooooo yeah! Home-ade snowflakes rock! Now im getting excited, lol.

Quoting busybees124:

Homemade snowflakes cut out of white paper, paper chains using red and green construction paper, snowmen from paper.  I love homemade crafts!

jadenember
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Quoting KRISTAL_WILDER:

Dollar store window stickies and spray snow

I'm gonna hit up the dollar store soon. I don't have ANY decorations :( it depresses me, I'm gonna try to find something festive to set up in my apartment.

tretresmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Dollar Tree everything in the store is only $1 and they have really cute decorations. 

Queenfeld
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:09 AM

We have a closet in our livingroom, I buy sticky hooks and hang the stocking theres (we don't have a mantel) Around the stocking I hang all the Christmas cards we receive. I also go around the door frame with lighted garland. I also hang ornaments around the room,usually these are larger ornaments and too heavy for the tree. I have LOTS of animated Christmas (mostly Santas) characters, some of those stand near the tree others stand on the entertainment center and I've purchased most of them AFTER christmas so they were very affordable.

I'm anxious for Christmas this year!

1mamaof2girls
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I like the dollar stores and goodwill.  You can find some really nice and cheap decorations.  I just bought two fiber optic trees fsor $3.50(it was 50% off day)

Raidensmommy09
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Your local Freecycle or craiglist. I have got some christmas decorations off there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)