Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really frustrated with K-mart!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

I had planned on doing layaway for christmas with kmart because DH and I couldnt afford to buy alot this year and we new it would take till the first couple of weeks to get the layaway out. I went to kmart today and found out that when I put the layaway in this friday I have to have it out by the 4th of Dec!

Their is no way I can put the layaway in now cause I cant get it out that soon, not without using grocery and bill money!

This is definitly a Monday for me! :0(

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MrsDavid
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:34 AM

At my store if you didn't have seasonal or holiday items you could leave it intill Dec 18. 

Stepmothering is hard, find REAL support here: 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/30383

Are you a step mother raising your step children?  http://www.cafemom.com/group/imraisingherkid

ohmommamia
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, I know it messes up your plans.  I agree with the pp, my Kmart does the same.  Did you have anything that would be considered seasonal?

scleblanc
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Hmm, the kmart here does not have a time you have to get Christmas layaway out, mine does not have to be out until the 29th of December. I wonder why the put limits on some stores but not others?

mikeysmom989
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I called the Kmart Company and found out that it was "determined by the store". Apparently our Kmart had problems last year so they put a tight time limit this year. They just didnt tell anyone about it or put a notice in the paper.

Dec 4th is the limit on everything seasonal and non seasonal! :0(

Quoting scleblanc:

Hmm, the kmart here does not have a time you have to get Christmas layaway out, mine does not have to be out until the 29th of December. I wonder why the put limits on some stores but not others?

Cafe Jenn
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Hi mikeysmom889,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the Kmart layaway.  I know the local one here also has Dec 4 for pickup.  They do this because as you said, many stores experience people who do not pick up their layaways. 

They then have to put the merchandise back out so that it can sell before Christmas.

You may want to try to contact the store manager and see if you can work something out with him or her.  Some store managers are lenient if you are willing to pay on a regular basis and are not late. 

Also, they close layaway down over Christmas so that the layaway personnel can work in other areas of the store including the front checkouts.

I hope you have a terrific Holiday season.

Mommy2Kaelen
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:34 PM

That's to bad.   I hope you figure something out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)