Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday Open House

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:34 AM
  • 2 Replies

We're hosting our first open house next month.  I love entertaining.  We have a small house so we figured an open house would be the best way to go.

What are some suggestions/tips/ideas, you can share to help me out getting ready?  They can be food related, decoration related, whatever. :)

PrincessSiggy.gif Princess Siggy picture by MelissZ

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tretresmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I have no idea but good luck. 

MomToBeISaMom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:14 AM

An open house is a great idea!  Since you have a smaller house, use the presentation of your food as part of your decorations.  Use pretty bowls, spoons, platters, and plates; string garland with bulbs or berries between the dishes; strategically place decorated cookies and candies throughout the serving and eating areas; use solid-colored table cloths so as not to clash with the decor.  Cover some of your chairs and sofas with fabric to coordinate with your holiday theme.  Tie bows around the backs of chairs.  Take a few of the pictures on your walls and wrap them in pretty paper and tie a big bow around them so that it looks like you have presents on your wall, and they take up no additional space!  That's a very inexpensive and cute way to decorate.  Have fun! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)