Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stockings

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:26 PM
  • 71 Replies

Hi Everyone!

We have all heard 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' by Clement Moore and 'The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,' but we don't all have chimneys to hang our stockings by.

Where do you hang your stockings?

What do you usually put in your stockings?

What do your stockings look like?

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
auroragold
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:27 PM

We DO have a mantle and fireplace but don't hang the stockings there - heck, they could catch on fire!

I hang them from a bannister instead! 

kdgord
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Well, we don't have a fireplace but we also don't do Santa here so we just hang the stockings on hooks on the wall near where we put the tree. We usually put some candy, coloring books, hot wheels cars and other small stuff like that in the stockings. Last year I went and bought some Veggie Tales Christmas fabric and some green fabric and made some pluch stockings with some batting for my boys. These are them.

PisceanMom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Where do you hang your stockings?

We don't have a mantle so we hang our stockings from our entertainment center using stocking holders.

What do you usually put in your stockings?

In the stockings we usually put a new pair of gloves, a pack of Hot Wheels cars, a toothbrush and toothpaste, a coloring book, crayons or markers, a Christmas tube of M&Ms or other chocolate candy, and a Christmas Stuffed animal coming out the top.  Now that we have a daughter we'll have to find cute little stuff for her, too!  I've been waiting a LONG time to have a daughter to fill a stocking for.  She's not even one yet so this year will just be baby stuff, but you can bet your bottom it's going to be pink baby stuff if I can help it!

What do your stockings look like?

The boys and hubby just have regular red "furry" stockings with a white "furry" top.  We have to get one for our daughter.  I use the same stocking I used as a little girl, which is red/green/white plaid flannel with white eyelet lace at the top.

momof3angela
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:45 PM

We do have a fireplace so the stockings get hung with care right there :0)

We have traditional shaped stockings with the kid's names on them...also has some for my grandkid's.

What do I put in them????  Varies with each person as to likes but little knick knacks....candy, toys, stuffed animals/dolls (small), perfume, special socks (super soft one's), gift card's...just to name a few....Oh, and sometimes DVD's or CD's.

kids stocking 

iHEAVENn
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM

We don't have a fireplace..

We hang ours on our wall next to the Christmas Tree..

Stockings usually have books/hotwheels/toothbrush/toothpaste/a few peices of candy.. and some fun stuff for mommy and daddy. Cat's get catnip and a few little toys + canned kitty food.

Here's a pic of ours last year.

Green is hubby's. Red is mine. Multi color is our sons, and the red one with paws is the kittys lol.

tretresmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Where do you hang your stockings? Well we don't hang them  LOL  they stay in the closet until the kids lay them out on the table for Santa to stuff on Christmas eve night.

What do you usually put in your stockings?  I fill them with little toys from the dollar store & the girls will get hair things also & some candy.  mine is usually filled with lotion, body wash, candles, body spray & hair things ( I fill my own so they kids don't ask why Santa didn't give me anything LOL)

What do your stockings look like? Our stockings are the usual red with white around the top.

SarahMich3113
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM

We have a bar counter that we hang our stockings from...we usually stuff them with candy and small gifts that would otherwise get lost under the tree like CDs or gift cards

♥Sarah Michelle♥
Single Mommy to Devin and Raeann
☼come take a look around☼
www.youravon.com/stowers
julietw
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:03 PM

we usually hang our stockings on the wall we have a fireplace now but no mantle so i'll probably just hang them above the fireplace on hooks. we usually put candy in them and some small toys. my son has a small blue stockings and i have a medium size red stockings and then my hubby has the biggest red stocking. 

MommaReynolds
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I think the picture pretty much answers all the questions :)

There's always candy, fruit and a little something extra for the person. This year I'm hoping to get a few dvds for DH, idk what for me (cause I'll have to buy it anyway!), DS is getting cars and colors, dd is getting colors and books i think

princeNpryncess
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 1:29 PM

We do not have a fireplace we hang them on hooks on the wall. They Have our names on the top part in glitter we made them last year!! and we usually just put little things in it since we usually go all out on gifts for the kids 

wedding planning guide

I AM A 21 YR OLD MOMMY TO JULIUS 3 & ANGELIESE 10MO. I HAD JULIUS WHEN I WAS 17 YEARS OLD AND I DO NOT REGRET IT AT ALL!! I LOVE MY HUBBY, HE WORKS VERY HARD TO MAKE SURE ME AND OUR KIDS ARE TAKEN CARE OF. MY LITTLE PRINCESS HAS A HEART PROBLEM CALLED SVT AND SHE IS OUR LITTLE ANGEL BECAUSE WE ALMOST LOST HER WHEN SHE WAS 2 WEEKS OLD DUE TO HER HEART PROBLEM. JULIUS IS THE MOST ACTIVE 3 YEAR OLD EVER!! HE DOES THE CUTEST THINGS AND HE TELLS ME ABOUT 100 TIMES A DAY THAT HE LOVES ME AND THAT ALWAYS MAKES ME SMILE!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)