Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas mishaps

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

What was your worst or funniest Christmas mishap ?   I've heard of people's trees falling over, which thankfully never happened here yet... knock on wood. LOL !  

A  few years ago, I bought a box of 3 gorgeous Martha Stewart red glass ornaments in Kmart . They were big, probably 7-8" long, sort of like teardrops, but were pointy at the top and bottom. I hung them from the chandelier over the diningroom table, and then put the Christmas tablecloth on.  I needed to straighten the tablecloth, so I swooshed it up in the air a little bit, which caused it to bang into one of the ornaments, and then into another ornament...and KABOOM....one ornament basically exploded (I don't know how else to explain it)  and glass went flying everywhere. I couldn't believe the noise it made  ...or the mess.  Yikes !

So what happened at your house, or to someone you know ?

holding ornaments

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RosePetalTears
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM

our tree fell over several different times a few yrs ago thanks to our dogs running around...lol

Mickandy
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:15 PM

I have not had anything too spectacular... But this year I expect to go way worse in a funny way. lol I know that sounds weird but my son will be 2 in dec and he is more persistent then his older siblings. So telling him to leave the tree alone will be a tiresome event, then we have 2 cats as well. And they are little heathens unto themselves!  I am not using breakable ornaments this year!

Stephanie3804
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM

We've never had a tree fall over, but growing up my cat would climb up the Christmas tree knocking down ornaments and the angel at the top.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
mamalinzie
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:49 PM

My DD's first Christmas, she was 9 months, and she knocked over the tree a few times. It was a fake tree, so easy to tip. I finally got smart and used twine to secure it to the wall.

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:50 PM

i over filled the the tree stand bucket and didnt know it. I had a few presents under the tree already...Christmas morning dd was opening the boxes and i realized they were all wet...Thank goodness they were just clothes.

toyota
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:00 PM

One christmas morning after we had all opened presents, i had forgot to cut off the video camera that was sitting in the tripod recording, and my DH and i started gossiping and talking about my sister. LOL It was funny when we watched the home movie, but i can't let my sister see it. LOL

//tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/21/206/210206.png[/img][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Free Food Diary[/url]

Catrin2009
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 7:46 PM

This sounds like something that would happen in my family, lol.

Quoting toyota:

One christmas morning after we had all opened presents, i had forgot to cut off the video camera that was sitting in the tripod recording, and my DH and i started gossiping and talking about my sister. LOL It was funny when we watched the home movie, but i can't let my sister see it. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)