Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ughh So Disappointed In Kmarts Layaway!!! VENT

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I went to pick up my layaway from Kmart today and guess what they loose one of my items! It was a motorcycle for my son that I really wanted to get for him. So the lady looks and looks and comes back saying that there are alot of motorcycles back there but none with my name on it, so we go look in the store to see if they had another one on the floor, and no luck they had no more, ugh, so she tells me that she can credit me or I can get something else, I didnt want anything else, or credit, I wanted that motorcycle that I put on layaway, I end up picking out another ride on toy for my son, which was cheaper than the motorcycle, the lady tells me, ok we will just swap, so I say ok, she gives me the toy and says have a nice day!............ummmm hello what about my change since I got something cheaper she owed me $$, did she really think I was just going to walk away without it, geez. She was huffing and puffing the whole time like she didnt want to deal with it. I have another lawaway I need to get out soon, and I'm hoping all my items are there this time

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DakotaRose
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I am sorry about your experience mama. It doesn't happen often.  

travswife55
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Wow that stinks, I just had two layaways and have not had that issue knock on wood.....I would contact the manager of the store and explain the situation, I'm sure they will want to be informed sorry you has such a rotten experience!

monshine2
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I would have had a manager there right now giving me all my money back and ordering me a new one to be delivered to the store...

Sabella24
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I worked in Wal Mart's layaway for several years and unfortunately this happened here and there. Pieces of some customers' layaways ended up in other people's instead. It was always due to a worker who didn't keep the layaways separate enough to be able to tell where one ended and the other began when they went to box it all up.

AM-BRAT
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 6:21 PM

I would have a manager calling another KMART immediately and have them ship one store to store, and at no charge if you could swing it.

I have 2 KMARTs locally, one is sad. The other is great.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Cafe Jenn
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:12 PM

What a bummer.

Always remember the store management is there to help you out.  Don't ever be afraid to ask for one. 

I even recommend contacting a manager even now.  If nothing else, he/she is aware of the situation and they can deal with it. 

Remember managers don't know what is going on if no one tells them.  Same goes when you have a great experience, fewer people say thank you and WTG then who complain.

I hope everything goes well when picking up your other layaway.

momtoezzie
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Oh man that's terrible. I would have made the lady call other K-Mart and let them know that the layaway made a mistake and do they have the motorcycles in stock.

singlemomma1025
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Speaking of Lay a Way, So today i decide i finally have time to go ahead and go and do it. So iam getting everything. Pretty much got alot of my shopping done. So i head to the back all extra excited to find a sign that reads "Due to the economy K-Mart will be closing as of Febuary 13th, 2010. As of this there will no longer be a lay a way."

I could have died!  GO ECONOMY!

Tiffany; single mom to Kyra; my two year old princess

Tiredmom53
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I loved my wal-mart lay-a-way I really miss it since it has been gone.  When it was here the girl ringing it up packed everything in the box in front of me as she rang them up so you know all your items ended up in the box.

Quoting Sabella24:

I worked in Wal Mart's layaway for several years and unfortunately this happened here and there. Pieces of some customers' layaways ended up in other people's instead. It was always due to a worker who didn't keep the layaways separate enough to be able to tell where one ended and the other began when they went to box it all up.

New Web Page: From the Past Studio

ncpofolksm. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Catrin2009
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Oh wow! Sorry that happened!

I used to use WalMarts all the time. I got my Mother a beatiful Birth Stone Ring a couple years ago.

I' used K-Mart last year and didn't have a problem. But I do hear of them a lot. I'm really sorry that happend. I would be contacting a manager like now! And making them ship another one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)