Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No more letters from Santa???

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

I don't do Santa but for anyone that does, there will be no more letters from Santa at the north  pole in Alaska.  All because a child molester was among the "elves" answering the letters.  This is where the post office sends all the letters marked to Santa, ho ho, whatever else go. Also for those of you who send them to the one in Indiana  my sister sent her daughters there in Sept. and has not gotten anything back yet.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiredmom53
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:03 PM

My hubby is a post master and he brings the letters home to me and I respond to them on special santa stationary. He gets the letters from the local elementary school and then delivers them back to the teachers.

29again
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Quoting Tiredmom53:

My hubby is a post master and he brings the letters home to me and I respond to them on special santa stationary. He gets the letters from the local elementary school and then delivers them back to the teachers.

No wonder you're tired!!!  LOL!!

My kids often wrote to Santa, and they were put on the mailbox for the mailman to take.  Somehow they always ended up in my purse!  It sure did help when I was out shopping. 

Tiredmom53
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:54 PM

My husband has asked me to write this, if your child wants to write a letter to Santa please send it General Deliver East Flat Rock Post Office, East Flat Rock, NC 28726, please include return address or your group name and he will respond through this forum

Quoting 29again:

Quoting Tiredmom53:

No wonder you're tired!!!  LOL!!

My kids often wrote to Santa, and they were put on the mailbox for the mailman to take.  Somehow they always ended up in my purse!  It sure did help when I was out shopping. 

Mom2Jack04
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Actualy while the Alaska address is the only one where they will write responces it's not the ONLY way to get a North Pole post mark for a santa letter.  You write a letter from Santa to your child, address it, stamp it and put it in another envelope and send it to North Pole, New York (In the Adirondacks) and they will simply mail it back your child with a North Pole Postmark.

North Pole, NY is a  tiny town and has "Santa's Workshop" a small amusement park that has it's own Post Office right at the park mainly for this purpose.

The official address is:

North Pole Postmaster
PO Box 1768
North Pole, NY 12997

You'll find the website about the Post Office right here: http://www.northpoleny.com/page.cfm?page=Post Office

Jillysmom
by Adele on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

Actualy while the Alaska address is the only one where they will write responces it's not the ONLY way to get a North Pole post mark for a santa letter.  You write a letter from Santa to your child, address it, stamp it and put it in another envelope and send it to North Pole, New York (In the Adirondacks) and they will simply mail it back your child with a North Pole Postmark.

North Pole, NY is a  tiny town and has "Santa's Workshop" a small amusement park that has it's own Post Office right at the park mainly for this purpose.

The official address is:

North Pole Postmaster
PO Box 1768
North Pole, NY 12997

You'll find the website about the Post Office right here: http://www.northpoleny.com/page.cfm?page=Post Office

I remember going here years ago, it was very cool. Thanks for the info.

MuddyHuggies
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I love the Santa workshop! We go there every year since it's only about 4 hours from my house. It's a beautiful place. I can't wait to go again this year.

Quoting Mom2Jack04:

The official address is:

North Pole Postmaster
PO Box 1768
North Pole, NY 12997

Tiredmom53
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 11:15 AM

If anyone lives in the NC/Tn area this is where we use to take our kids every year and now we enjoy taking our Grandchildren

Santaland

Kim24kids
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Thanks Ladies!! 

CVislosky
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 12:39 PM

My mom used to work with someone who typed them up on special paper. My siblings and I would put our letters in the mail box and she would take them out when we weren't looking to take them to this lady. She typed them up and put the stamp and both addresses on there but she gave them to my mom who put them in the mail box before we checked it. They had a good sceme. It took me until I was 15 to figure that out.  

Ibelongtojesus
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Thanks guys I will be telling mys siter about these ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)