Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tree Ornaments

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:53 AM
  • 39 Replies

Hi Everyone!

How do you decorate your tree?  Do you buy a new ornament each year?  Does your tree have a theme?

Please share photos of your tree.

by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:16 AM

up until this year our tree was covered in ornaments that were from different years, but this year we went all new. We got a white tree and blue and silver ornaments. We love how our new tree looks and the kids get the old stuff and their own tree so that they can still have their memories! Most of that stuff is from my first marriage to their dad.

miraclebabymine
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I have lots of ornaments that I can choose my color theme from, however, last year we bought a 2 1/2 foot tree to sit on top of our entertainment center because of our son who was 2 at the time so we had to buy all new ornaments for it (smaller ornaments to fit the smaller tree). I do add a few new ornaments every year though. Ever since my son was born I buy a keepsake ornament for him as a reminder of something special that happened that year. Those I don't put on the tree, I keep those put safely away along with a letter explaining the meaning/purpose of that ornament to give to him one day.  

This is our tree last year. We haven't put up the tree yet this year. I did buy a few more ornaments already.

PisceanMom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM

We decorate our tree with colored lights, vintage-style ornaments, and tinsel (and Santa puts on candy canes on Christmas Eve).   We do normally add at least one new ornament each year, whether it be a new box of Christmas balls or an ornament (gift) from a friend or family member.  Our tree doesn't really have a theme, if by theme you mean something like all blue/silver, red/gold, or all angels, snowmen, or something like that.  I do prefer my ornaments to look old, but that's not always the case.  The majority of my ornaments are from Kurt S. Adler's Early Years Collection, which I haven't been able to find in a few years. 

Here are some pictures from last year.

lilblufrog
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM

This is from last year:

I am a emergency c-section, extended formula feeding, cloth/disposable diapering, extended rear facing, sign language teaching, miscarriage survivor (x2), mama to a miracle baby girl who has 2 middle names! (11-19-07)

tretresmom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM

My tree does not have a theme.  We just put any cute ornaments we can find on it  LOL  I use colored lights.  I tried to take a pic with my phone but it does not come out too good because my tree is in front of the window. 

JennyMarie
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I buy a new Hallmark ornament for each boy every year. And I'll go to Cracker Barrel and pick up some of their ornaments. I like a nice classic theme. My tree normally is cream,gold, burgandy and some red in it.

Sorry I don't have  a picture, they all got deleted off of my camera by mistake

elly25
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM

It all depends on if I find something new that I like.I have to have little red velvet bows on my tree.I don't know why,but I have to.lol!!!I don't have a theme every year.Other then cover the tree with out making it look too gaudy or what not.I don't put tensile on it though.My children like to eat it for some reason.Ew!!!

owls

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

My tree has red, white and green lights.  We have mostly Hallmark and Lenox ornaments and red, white and green balls.  My tree is not setup yet, so I do not have a picture.

mammaof3girls
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I buy a box or two of new bulbs, plus a few ornaments each year. I dont really have a theme, I use snowmen, angels, santas, just about anything Christmas related and I prefer a country sort of look, lots of reds and golds, blues, greens and browns too, with a bit of white thrown in. I use white lights only and one tree has gold star string garland and the other ribbon. I change the ribbon every year, this years will have either candy canes or snowmen, I havent quite decided yet. On one tree I use candy canes, sugar cookies, paper ornaments, christmas cards and a few glass ornaments for shine, the other gets the majority of the ornaments. Here is last years tree and some of the decorations, I was sick and unable to get a real tree or do much decorating last year, so we had just the artificial one up:

CjsMama914
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I'm into white lights with matching ornaments and ribbons. This year our tree will be burgundy and gold. I would love to do a theme tree one year. I saw a tree at a store that was wilderness themed that I loved. (moose and bear ornaments, pinecones, etc) I'm very matchy matchy. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)