Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Everyone!

How do you decorate your tree?  Do you buy a new ornament each year?  Does your tree have a theme?

Please share photos of your tree.

by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Replies (31-39):
AshBayGrammy
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM

We change color themes every couple years... Here is last years.

Aurorasmom
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 11:07 PM

we have a ton of vintage ordaments we use every year, but this year i think i am going to actually color-coordinate...i have always wantd to!  i also have been collecting princess ordaments for a couple years, too, so we will see.  i love the pics of everyones trees though!!!!

carrolmomof3boy
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 6:46 AM

Since all my boys are still young, 8, 5, and 1, we decorate the tree very colorfully!

This is our tree last Christmas

cornucopiaI'm a mom of three married to the love of my life.  If you need to know more, just message me.

heidi_val
by Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 7:11 AM

We always use the same stuff each year.  

Julie411me
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 7:30 AM

I put anything and everything on my tree.  No themes, no color scheme, it's anything goes!

I've added ornaments through the years such as stuff the kids made, ornaments I picked out especially for them, souveniers of all the places we were assigned and I've always really stocked up when I'd find them on clearance. 

As a result, it's taking me FOREVER to get the tree decorated these days.  LOL  Thats OK though, my girls are almost grown and soon they will be taking their decorations with them. 

Lisa0626
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I don't have my tree up yet, but we have boxes of ornaments. We do get our dd a new one every year!

mamacalifornia
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Our tree colors change every year, we may have purple and gold or blue and silver(with white lights), or even multi colored ornaments(with mulit-colored lights). Everything is colored corridnated no ornagments other then balls and stringed beads that match the theme and the top goes along with whatever theme we have.

Wow2boyz
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I usually decorate with the traditional theme.. lotts of memories ornaments from my boys growing up.. usually their aunt boys them hallmark ornaments every year.

Tiredmom53
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM

My mom did that for my oldest son for 30 years she went to hallmark and purchased him a special ornanment he had 30 of them he is now 36 my mom has been dead for 5 years.  He just recently got a divorce and his ex broke everyone of them and then burned them. Memories that can not be replaced.

Quoting JennyMarie:

I buy a new Hallmark ornament for each boy every year. And I'll go to Cracker Barrel and pick up some of their ornaments. I like a nice classic theme. My tree normally is cream,gold, burgandy and some red in it.

Sorry I don't have  a picture, they all got deleted off of my camera by mistake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)