Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Everyone!

How do you decorate your tree?  Do you buy a new ornament each year?  Does your tree have a theme?

Please share photos of your tree.

by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
Queenfeld
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I do buy a new ornament every year, My tree has no theme, I prefer traditional with ornaments my kids have made to all types of ornaments. I have each of my Boys 1st Christmas ornaments. DH and I have our first Christmas together ornament. It just wouldn't feel like Christmas to me if I went with a theme and couldn't place those ornaments on the tree. Once I set up the tree I'll come back and post a picture of this years tree.

mommaslilman06
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:45 PM

we havent put our tree up yet, but the ornamets we do have are from when i was growing up. this year we are making some and will just keep that a tradition. once we put our tree up and decorate ill have to get some pics =)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers        PhotobucketPhotobucketbreastfeeding,8 month

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM

i try and stick to a theme....but dh doesnt think buying Christmas ornaments every year is a good idea. So all we have are Red and Gold....plus a few from when he was a kid. I do however buy dd one new one every year. I want to make that a tradition.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:29 PM

We don't have a theme.. We have some small balls, and my sons 1st/2nd christmas ornament.. plus a few others that get put on the tree..

We buy 2/3 new ornaments each year.

RAZmom88
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I wanted to go all fancy this year, with everything new. But the kids want our tree to be filled with our family ornaments. so they win.  Same old stuff we've been decorating with.  They love looking through the ornaments and seeing old one's with thier names or was given to them as a gift. It's our tradition and they aren't ready to give it up.

psych_mom
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM

That's why I let them have a tree in my little girl's bedroom. They can have all their special ornaments and then I can have what I want as well!

Quoting RAZmom88:

I wanted to go all fancy this year, with everything new. But the kids want our tree to be filled with our family ornaments. so they win.  Same old stuff we've been decorating with.  They love looking through the ornaments and seeing old one's with thier names or was given to them as a gift. It's our tradition and they aren't ready to give it up.

KyliesMommy0407
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM

The majority of our ornaments have a meaning behind them.  We each get a new ornament every year.  When we moved in together, we both brought special ornaments from our parents' houses with us to get started.  I have ornaments from when I was born right up through when DD was born.  We get ornaments when we go on special trips like our honeymoon.  It's fun to look at the ornaments and remember fun times.

I don't have any pictures of past trees on this computer and we haven't put our tree up yet for this year.  Too early. :)

PrincessSiggy.gif Princess Siggy picture by MelissZ

L0ve
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 4:59 PM

We bought our tree today.  It has white lights and we have blue and silver ornaments to put on.  I like the idea of doing different colored themes but this is our first tree to have as a family so we don't have much in the way of tradition yet.  I'll post a pic later on when we get the tree set up.  

Mommy to Arielle, 2/17/07, Leilani, 6/15/08 and Loic, 9/10/09!

blowing bubblestoddler girlbaby boy

JoyJoy
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM

we have ornaments from when i was growing up and we buy a couple new ones each year to add on. we have my grandmas angel to put on top and we use blinking multi color lights. also whatever my daughter makes we put on. 

ohmommamia
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I have a Snowman themed tree with all silver and blue decorations.  I also have the "family" tree and on this tree, we put a new personalized ornament each year for us and the kids and all the ornaments the kids have made in school and church over the years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN