Hi Everyone!

How do you decorate your tree?  Do you buy a new ornament each year?  Does your tree have a theme?

Please share photos of your tree.

by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
Liansmommie
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM

We have bought a dated ornament every year that DH and I have been together. We really like the hallmark ornaments but we don't insist on it. There have been really lean years where a "Jack" ball was the ornament and last year a cafemom friend sent us an ornament and it was a perfect expression of our year. Each ornament is chosen based on what we see that represents the year as a whole to us. The year we raised pet birds we got a bird house. The year that we rooted for rival NFL teams, we got two ornamments, a football blimp for each team. The year that the new star wars movies came out we got a naboo cruiser, and so on. We won't know until we see it.

mae_01_sw
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I would love to do a themed tree one year, but it just hasn't happened! My tree is just alot of stuff that I grew up with, and all mismatched. But I like it because it was a part of my childhood. My mom always buys my kids a new ornament every year too!

MommaTAF
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I buy a family ornament every year. Our family is complete now, i am not having anymore children so last year I bought a personalized one with our names on it. I also every year buy a photo frame one and put our christmas picture in it. Michael's is where I have been buying them because they are only $4 there. My mother in law gives the grandkids stockings and they receive and ornament each year too depending on what they are into. Like princesses or scooby doo. She buys those from Hallmark.

I had tree themes before having kids. One year was silver blue and white snowflakes, another year was purple and white lights and ornaments but since having kids it has been traditional with ornaments collected over the years, ones I made as a child, and the new ones we get each year!

alyssasmommy122
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Well my tree isn't up yet. We do real ones, so we are waiting a little later to get one so it's still alive around Christmas. But I do a color theme of white/silver, red, and black. I might buy a few new ornaments before Christmas, but I usually wait until after Christmas when I can get ornaments on sale to buy a lot of ornaments for the tree for next year. And this year is the first year I'll have red in the tree, so I'm excited to put it up!

Raidensmommy09
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Growing up with had a big family tree in the living room Which was decorated in White lights with ornaments from years past. And me and my little sister had a small tree in our rooms. My treee wasa Green Tree decorated in Sliver and clear balls and silver garland with White lights. My little sisters Tree was a White Tree with pink lights and  pink balls and pink garland on it.

Now that my mom died . My family Treethat i will put up will be A Green Tree with White lights and Ornaments i got from my mom and  New ornaments i get to repsent this year which will be a Ornments say"First Married Chrstmas" And "Baby's first christmas" I may use some of my silver balls and Clear balls to if my tree looks empty

tonyalynn
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM

we dont have a theme. i did buy my first dd an ornament when she was born, but for someone reason i didnt get one for my second. i may do that this year.

Wife to BlakearmyMom to Madison and Katelyntoddler girlbaby girl

WannabeMommy87
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Our tree has very old ornaments, ones that have been there forever LOL. However, we add a new one each year. This year we'll be adding one for our son who was born last month <3

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
dixiecharmer
by Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I have ornaments from my mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother.  I have made ornaments for my sons plus the ornaments they made in church and school over the years.  I do buy each one of my sons ornaments each year. plus candy canes from each year of my children's Christmas.  They are very protective of "their" candy canes.  I have 4 trunks of Christmas ornaments.

Dixiecharmer

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Well I have a new theme every year. This year it's red and white....kinda like candy canes or peppermints. :D

And yes, I do get my kids new ornaments each year. They usually get a character ornament and I also get them one each too.

backroadsmom
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I regret that I have no way right now to upload photos, but many years ago I bought ordinary brown craft paper and cut tiny squares of various sizes. I typed the Bible's Christmas story on them, one verse per square. I burnt around the edges for a more interesting effect, giving them an aged look...  and each year my theme is Jesus. I hang anything that shares the true gift of Christmas and the real Christmas story all over my tree.

Read the Christmas Story Here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: