Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does Santa call your house?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 12:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

Okay so yesterday DH's step dad called to ask me what the kids wanted for Christmas. My kids over heard me on the phone with him, (I never said his name) So when I hung up the phone I casually told my husband that some guy just called the house asking me what the kids wanted for Christmas. Well my kids' "radar" caught what I told their dad and started asking me "who was it? Was it Santa?" LOL I told them the person didn't tell me who it was, (not a lie, he never said "hey this is Tim.") So now they think Santa called us yesterday LOL.

p.s. If you don't do santa that's fine. We do and we like to have fun with it.

by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
table4six
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM
Cute story! Santa has never called us, we do get emails though!
iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Haha that's cute. Maybe you should have "Santa" call every year?
KRIZZ25
happy fall y'all...
Today at 12:53 PM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 1:53 PM

i like to have friend call  for Santa ..but it don't work.. i,ll pretend to call santa. 

Sabella24
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM
ittikay37
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 2:19 PM

What a great way to keep them in suspense! If my kids were younger I would have loved to have tried that on them.

Christy644
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Too cute!

My kids are older. The oldest knows the truth, the middle one was 12 last year. I've been trying to have him hold onto the belief. He almost let it go last year, but Santa called one night. It was a number that was posted on CM. Santa actually calls the house. It's cute as can be!

He held on thru another holiday, but this year he knows. He won't admit to me he knows but he did his brother. Brother told me. So time to change up some traditions LOL

mamalinzie
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Thats adorable. This is our first year doing Santa, as DD is 3.5  I was debating on whether to do it or not, but Im so glad we did. Im working hard to make everything believable and fun and exciting for her!

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

PisceanMom
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Yes, Santa calls the house and he emails us.  =)  Also one year we were all out to eat with my mom and dad on Black Friday; it was my family, and all of my siblings and their families, and my dad paid the server to talk to the kids like he was an elf working for Santa, saying he was watching the kids and reporting back to Santa on their behavior.  That was really cool... the kids were amazed! 

Mickandy
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Quoting PisceanMom:

Yes, Santa calls the house and he emails us.  =)  Also one year we were all out to eat with my mom and dad on Black Friday; it was my family, and all of my siblings and their families, and my dad paid the server to talk to the kids like he was an elf working for Santa, saying he was watching the kids and reporting back to Santa on their behavior.  That was really cool... the kids were amazed! 

I love the whole elf spy! lol My dh used to be able to call and pretend to be Santa but my 5yo knows his dads voice now. idk if Santa will call, but I can always call him. My son gets an e-mail though, and we track Santa every Christmas Eve. We are big on the whols Santa is watching you thing too.

retsillacam
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 9:03 PM

that's so cool:-)

Quoting PisceanMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)