Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO you and your SO exchange gifts?

Posted by   + Show Post

we do one year he bought me a snow globe with roses in it. it was pretty.

then another year he bought me my favorite christmas tree a white tree.

I bought him some tools,and another year a made a letter.

I also put a letter in my kids stocking telling them how much i love them and how much they mean to me.

from our house to yours!!

by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
mamalinzie
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 5:05 PM

We definitely try to!  Our first year together, we just got stuff for the house that we needed.

This year I am getting DH this wool sweater he was drooling over, a new watch, and the Sponge Bob movie... he is such a big kid sometimes. lol.

I know he is getting me something, too, but I have no idea what it is.

Why does my Pre-Schooler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

Sabella24
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 5:32 PM

This year we can barely get anything for the kids, let alone each other. :(

mommybug77
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I do ALL of the shopping even for myself. It works out best since he hates to shop & I know i get what I want.

mynameismuerte
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 6:25 PM

When we do exchange gifts, it's something small.

Amie, mom to 3 handsome little guys.

JustGail
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 6:27 PM

not anymore.....every so often we'll really both want something around the holiday time and surprise each other.....but usually we just get each other two really small things 9one from each kid)........I rather spend more on the kids!

flirtylingerie_2039_1041798643.gif picture by taratalnenetz

BridgetMckenzie
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 6:38 PM
We did last year i got a ring and i got him a necklace but this year looks thin the kids come 1st to both of us.
tretresmom
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Yes we do.  We get as much as we can for each other.   

Journey311
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Yes, we do.  We've always gone all out for each other at Christmas.  We typically don't do a whole lot for birthdays because they're so close to Christmas (mine is Oct, his is Feb) so we just save up for the holidays.  We set a budget to spend on each other, and it's the same amount we spend on our son as well. 

~Kim~

Wife to DH since 6.18.04

babies

pregnant

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:10 PM

we do...but its usually just something small.

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2009 at 1:37 PM

We DO exchange gifts.

We did in 2006.. though I can't remember everything..

In 2007 we were extremely broke.. We had a baby Dec 1st 2007... were living in Cali where rent was sky high..So I had help from my mom luckily.. She bought him a nice photo album and I filled it with pictures of our newborn son.. He ended up getting me a photo album also.. but he filled it with pictures of us. :)

in 2008 He got a big collage picture frame.. plus a bunch of little stuff he wanted/needed. I got a nice pearl necklace/bracelet set and an official wedding set. (Only had an engagement set up to that point.)

This year Money is semi tight again.. but we will be exchanging gifts.

He will be getting.

-The itunes gift card he wants

-some new cooking tools

-A secret surprise present that I'm able to give him with a little help from Santa. (Its hard to surprise him cause we share a bank account.. so he can snoop and see what I bought lol.

I have no clue what I'll be getting.. though all I asked for is

-yarn

-a necklace with either my son's picture on it, or our family birth stones

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN