Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday Shopping...

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

Is anyone shopping on that insane day?? This year will be my first!! Any suggestions?

49436448.gif rockin skunk picture by pictureperfect64

by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Jack04
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Get up early....really early, dress warm and take a travel mug of coffee with you.

teralg
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Everything previous poster said and then make a list of what you want to find and at what store.  I also write down the times they all open, etc.  Another thing is, if the store is busy then grab a cart from the parking lot and take it in with you, you'll be thankful you did.

This will be my 3rd year going,  I love it!  I usually wait in line a few hours with other people and we sat and talk and have fun.  It's a nice chance to meet new people.  Just don't get to disappointed if you don't get something, sometimes some stores only have a few of what they are advertising.  Like Sears last year.  I got a microwave at a great price.  I was waiting in line for it and as soon as the doors opened I quickly walked right up to it and grabbed the last one.  They were out and it had only been about 2 minutes!!!!  I thought that was crazy!

Goodluck, be careful in the parking lots and have fun!

KyliesMommy0407
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I'm not going out to any of the early bird sales or anything.  My plan is to go online at midnight and do some shopping since some of the stores start good sales online at midnight. 

I used to go out to the stores.  Go to bed as early as you can so you have energy.  Like the PP said, dress warm and bring coffee.  Make a list of what you want and what stores you want to go to and map out your day from farthest away to closest to home.  Best advice I can offer though is keep your cool.  Some people get nutty on Black Friday as if it's the last day you can shop ever.  LOL  Good luck and have fun!

PrincessSiggy.gif Princess Siggy picture by MelissZ

luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:25 PM

i used to work at sears...most of the time those black friday deals roll around again during the year, they just dont tell anyone, lol

Quoting teralg:

Everything previous poster said and then make a list of what you want to find and at what store.  I also write down the times they all open, etc.  Another thing is, if the store is busy then grab a cart from the parking lot and take it in with you, you'll be thankful you did.

This will be my 3rd year going,  I love it!  I usually wait in line a few hours with other people and we sat and talk and have fun.  It's a nice chance to meet new people.  Just don't get to disappointed if you don't get something, sometimes some stores only have a few of what they are advertising.  Like Sears last year.  I got a microwave at a great price.  I was waiting in line for it and as soon as the doors opened I quickly walked right up to it and grabbed the last one.  They were out and it had only been about 2 minutes!!!!  I thought that was crazy!

Goodluck, be careful in the parking lots and have fun!

Bekah062205
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:23 PM

its good to know the layout of the store. Like where things are. ALSO make a list of what you want at each store and try to plan how to get to that item once through the doors. I did this last year with Walmart and Kmart...i knew the stores, i went previously to make sure i knew where things were....when i walked into the store i went to right what i needed and checked out. Same for Kmart, though the bike i was getting wasnt in the normal spot, it was in the middle of the aisle on the floor. I dont suggest going getting what you want and then diddly fart around because some people are crazy and will push you around and some people can steal stuff out of your cart.crazy.

MommaReynolds
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:30 PM

EXACTLY what the first respose was!! DRESS warm. I cannot stress that (if you live in cold area. one year I thought i'd be smart and 'shop with less' and uhm...froze my butt off in front of Target)

My biggest tip : WALMART PRICE MATCHES! I don't know if they are changing that this year due to the economy...look it up. heck, I will and re-post if I remember. But last year they did!! We made a list of what we wanted from what store and kept the ads with us. Do you know great it was to stand by one of the walmart pallets and have someone say, "uhh ma'am Target has that half price." and say, "I know...that's why I have their ad for the cashier to price match!!" lol. everyone around me was kicking their butts! The only thing is that it has to be EXACT!

mamacalifornia
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Nope, I am already done shopping and I just want to spend Friday at home relaxing!

daisynsunshine
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 11:26 PM

oh i love it! we plan to get in line and look at the stores 1 hr earlier than the sales start and we plan and write a list of what we need. yes dress warm and look for nice people that are tall and can hand you things also. we wouldnt have gotten the romote control car last yr if the man didnt reach over and hand it to me!

cheergurl84
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 11:30 PM

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I absolutely love it.  Honestly I don't think it's that bad but it's because I shop in a smaller city than I live in (where I used to live).  I look at the ads before hand and also bring them with me.  I write down what I want the night before so I know what I'm looking for.  I definitely look at more than that when I'm out but it helps keep me on track.  I also shop with a group of people so we occassionally take a coffee break and also have lunch together somewhere nice. 

It is a lot of fun.  I hope you enjoy it!

Mom to Brodie (7/22/07).  My miracle baby!

Group Ownner of: Wool Lovers http://www.cafemom.com/group/woolielovers

Group Admin of: Cloth Diapering http://www.cafemom.com/group/clothdiapers

Turkeysmom
by on Nov. 23, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I love to shop on Black Friday.  I don't always go for the deals.  I go for the excitement and fun of it.  I go with some other ladies in our family and it's a blast.  We start out having breakfast at Denny's (they are the only restaurant open that early) and then shop, have lunch and shop some more.  It's so much fun! 

My advice for you is to go have fun.  Don't stress yourself out over any of it.  Enjoy the sights and sounds and just have a good time.  It's going to be as much fun as you make it to be.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN