Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stockings...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

So, DH and I finally thought of some ideas for stockings...lol... Just curious what you all think we can add to them? DH's family used to put fruit and nuts in his stockings, but he doesn't want to pass that on (because he has no idea why they did that--I don't either, my family never did so I never asked about it). We want some good traditions to start, so if there are any traditions with stockings, please let us know!! lol

For DS(2.5), we are going to give him a set of small Tonka Trucks, a 5-pack of Matchbox cars, some "big boy" undies (he's potty training now), a toothbrush (and toddler toothpaste if we can find it in the commissary. lol-we are on base in Japan, so it's hard to find a lot of stuff), some candy, a cup (it's got a Spiderman snowglobe on the bottom).

For DD(1.5), we are going to put in "A Christmas Carol" Barbie, "A Christmas Carol" Kelly, a cup (it's got a Princess snowglobe on the bottom), a toothbrush (and again, toddler toothpaste if we can find it), some hair accessories, jewelry, candy.

For SD (7), we are going to put jewelry, a toothbrush, toothpaste, makeup, candy, hair accessories, Polly Pocket, Cinderella Barbie (no, not because she's a stepdaughter-lol. She just loves Cinderella, you have no idea how many people think I should NOT buy her anything Cinderella just because she's my SD).

I also have a stocking for DD on the way (I'm only 6 months pregnant), and I kind of want to put it up with a few onsies, bottles, pacis, etc in it..I mean, we need it all anyway, and technically it is her 1st Christmas. Atleast that's what I'll tell DH. lol

marinespregnant bellytoddler girltoddler boybaby girl
Proud momma of 3 kids, two of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!  And we are expecting another miracle!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
faeryheart
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:37 AM

My family did the fruit and nuts thing too, no idea why either! I dont though. It sounds like you're doing great so far with what you've got for their stockings, how about $5.00 gift cards?

NSeni
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:05 AM

i have a 1 year old and a 3 year old and my gifts will probably be around the same as yours for their stockings. caleb loves the movie cars.. seriously, obsessed. and he loves spongebob and diego and dora. so i have a lot to choose from lol 

grantsmommy23
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:54 AM

My mom always did nuts and an orange. lol  I do the orange now too, but not the nuts.  I have no idea why she did it either, but I wanted to do it since she did it for me. My son is 3 and I pretty much have everything that you listed for his stocking.  Dvd, cars, small amount of candy, and one of those viewer things.  If I can find other small things, I'll probably throw those in there too.  : )

BrenMOM
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:02 AM

christmas treeAll your stocking ideas sound great!  Maybe legos for the boys.

That is what our family does.. get little trinkets that is particular to each child.

When I was growing up, my parents used to  put them on our doorknobs and when we woke up early, that is what we were allowed to open...NO going downstairs until they were up.  Funny how I don't neccessarily remember waking them up,,but I am sure in some way we did.  LOL

We don't do that here... we put them on the mantle -----of course filling them on Christmas Eve.  Then they get opened with the rest of the gifts...

BTW--- if everyone makes a big issue about giving your SD anything Cinderella....your SD will wonder what is wrong with Cinderella.... I think people read too much into things like that.  She knows she is loved by you and your family, and that is all that matters.

Bren

laird6372
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Thanks ladies! Glad to hear I'm not doing too shabby on the stockings. lol. Since DH's work has us stationed in Japan right now, and the kids will only have DH and I, I want to make sure we make it special (as well as start traditions now that the littler ones are old enough to get it). It's so hard to figure out what to get the girls. lol. DD will play with WHATEVER you put in front of her, and SD, well, she doesn't often play with her toys when she's here-she just wants to play with her siblings, DH, and me.

And, BrenMOM, thank you for that! I never thought of it that way. I just hate that people assume that anything Cinderella from a stepmother to a stepdaughter is mean...I love my SD (as a matter of fact, unless I'm on a message board like CM, I always just say "our daughter" and if they ask (because her age would put me at 16 having her) I tell them that she is DH's from a previous marriage.

marinespregnant bellytoddler girltoddler boybaby girl
Proud momma of 3 kids, two of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!  And we are expecting another miracle!

JoysMom
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Stockings in our family have always been random small items. I can't get away from that because we live near my mom and no traditions are allowed to die or change. I would like to go a little more pracical with things like shave gels and toothpastes, but like I said no changing traditions allowed!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)