Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO NOT online pay!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

So when I heard there was a way to pay online for your lawaway, I was stoked. I really hate going to stores, really because its super stressful entertaining a two-year old while I get around. I went to pick UP my lawaway yesterday... I only had $30 left to pay... WHY did they say I owed $62 to get my lawaway out WTH!!!!!!! I was like WHY? I just paid $50 on it saturday and I KNOW I only had 30 left! I dont understand it, and the Kmart MANAGER didn't know either, and wouldn't fix it or figure it out. She just kept saying, "the website has NOTHING to do with us here" WTHHHHHHHH??? Its still Kmart! Kmart is still taking my MONEY!!!!!! OMG I am so livid. I am about to call corporate today, but I just wanted to let you all know to be careful. I'm not doing this again. Sorry Kmart, I really appreciate the gift card and will shop there again, but I am NEVER using their lawaway again and NEVER doing business online with them. There is NO accountability and no one would help me.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ashleigh24
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:17 AM

That is crazy...did you print something out showing you paid it? I usually do that or have the code that they usually give you when you pay something online! I'm not sure how layaway does it cuz I've never used it before but i would think you could at least print something out saying you paid it!!!

Another one by Stacey

Ibelongtojesus
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM

This is not the first problem wth online layway.  The way it is going now I will never use it either.  Hope everything worked out for oyu.

shawndrea
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I would be crazy mad! Call them

MomToBeISaMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Is it possible that because the payment occurred on a weekend, it hadn't posted yet?  If I pay my online car loan on a Saturday evening or a Sunday, it doesn't show until Monday.  Is it a possibility that the same thing happened with Kmart's layaway plan?  Make sure you have a confirmation slip with you when you contact the corporate office.

teralg
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I would be very upset too!  If you don't have payment confirmation from the website then I'd show my statements or something to them and not stop complaining until I get my money back.  They really need to work out this problem if it's so commom.  Especially if it's Christmas!

I am not familiar w/ their layaway online, but when you paid it did you have to type in a code or anything so it would specifically go towards your layaway?  Did it pull up your order?

Goodluck with this.  Please let us know what happens so we can all be careful about ours.  Thanks.

Kim24kids
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:50 AM

That is CRAZY! Let us know how it works out=( 

MommaReynolds
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:26 AM

check your bank account and see if the money even actually came out!  I'm so sorry this happened! I am starting to not want to do business with Kmart at all!! Its not a big deal since we don't have one around here...but they had cool things online I wanted. Uhm...not anymore! Esp with the experiences out of this group!

Definitely curious on how it works out for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)