Group Home

What i like Kmart to start doing!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was extremyl disappointed in the selection of dalls they had.As a mother of multiracial children ,i like for where i shop to have multi racila dolls. In the two Kmarts by me neither carried any black baby doll.s Mattel recently released a line of multi colored lovely barbie dolls called SIS. I like them they even have the dolls from very dark to extremyl light . I thought it was great too how the face really resembled more africna features. K mart webiwte doesnt even carry them and the only blakc doll being offered id the painted verison of the white holiday one . I mean those are collectible not play toys.

Even the baby dolls non black ..Extremely dissappointed . Arent black people consumers too?

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS NO
MATCH FOR NATURAL STUPIDITY!

by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 7, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Kmart doesn't have the best selection of a lot of things.  Target does carry these dolls and has a large selection of them.

frankiebacon
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Quoting lalasmama2007:

Kmart doesn't have the best selection of a lot of things.  Target does carry these dolls and has a large selection of them.

Really...i will check them out this weekend.

mommybug77
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 10:26 PM

It is not just a racial thing though. My middle DD is strawberry blond. Aerial (little mermaid) is about all that can ever be found to even come close to resembling her. I remember trying to buy her her 1st cabbage patch kid. I had to search high & low for anything that looked liked her.

Ibelongtojesus
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM

It isn't just Kmart.  They are hard to find everywhere.  I just cannot find one.  I had to end up ordering one off MY Twinn for my dd so she had one that looked like her.

twinsin1998
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM

K-mart and Walmart both have a poor selection of dolls.  I have been looking for twins one boy and one girl for 12 year and still haven't been able to find one.  I wanted them for my daughter so she would have a set since she is a twin.  Her twin brother wouldn't enjoy them but i knew she would good luck with looking.

Momoftwinsin98

frankiebacon
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 7:16 AM

My neice is as well. I agree aftert Midge>? barbie there arent many red hair dolls.. I was dissappointed in these stores because consumers come in all ehtnicities . THey dont offer crap on the website either.

Target has them and so does toy rus.

Quoting mommybug77:

It is not just a racial thing though. My middle DD is strawberry blond. Aerial (little mermaid) is about all that can ever be found to even come close to resembling her. I remember trying to buy her her 1st cabbage patch kid. I had to search high & low for anything that looked liked her.

frankiebacon
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Toy r us has great twins sets

Quoting twinsin1998:

K-mart and Walmart both have a poor selection of dolls.  I have been looking for twins one boy and one girl for 12 year and still haven't been able to find one.  I wanted them for my daughter so she would have a set since she is a twin.  Her twin brother wouldn't enjoy them but i knew she would good luck with looking.

Bellsbabyboys
by on Dec. 11, 2009 at 7:22 AM

is it the stores or the manufatures?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci