Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tinsel

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM
  • 49 Replies

Hi Everyone!

Do you use tinsel on your tree?

by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MellieAndRiley
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Personally I am not a fan of tinsel.  Or garland. 

wreath

MyAngels0103
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Nope, no Tinsel for me!! Not only because I dont like it, but our ferrets would probably try and eat it, which would be very very bad!

Plus-size-mommy
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

I don't use tinsel, my hubby likes it but I can never get it to look right and I'm afraid my cat will eat it, which would not be good!

BlueCollarMama
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM

We did when I was growing up, but with 3 small babies we figured it was safest not to cause they would probably eat it LOL

Polly
Proud Army Wife and WAHM of 5!

Turkeysmom
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Yes, I am using it this year.  Don't use it every year but the tree just needed something so I added tinsel.  Looks great!!

2protectivemom
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 9:54 AM

NO, we don't use it, in fact my 11 year old had no idea what it was.  I had to take her to the store and show her.

Tiredmom53
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM

no do not use it, I am a garland user, I have a cat and 8 dogs and they would eat it.

PisceanMom
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:13 AM

We usually use tinsel but this year we went with garland instead because we have a pre-toddler in the house. 

miraclebabymine
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Do they still sell tinsel? LOL. As a kid our tree looked like a huge ball of aluminum foil because my  mom put about 10 boxes of tinsel on it every year. And I had to keep our cats away from it because they'd try to eat it. And it would get everywhere and wrap around the vacuum cleaner bar. I never used tinsel when I moved out into my own place and never will! lol.  

ittikay37
by on Dec. 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM

I usually use tinsel but I just saw a reply from a mom who has 8 dogs. I have a St. Bernard, who doesn't normally bother the tree, but my DD got a new dog the beginning of this year. Her dog is a Mini-Pinscher and she gets into everything! So this year I think I will pass on the tinsel. DH doesn't like it anyways haha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN