Group Home

Question for you ladies

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM
  • 21 Replies

If someone buys a gift for your family, do you make sure to give a gift to them in return? (like an eye for an eye type deal) Or do you just say thank you?

Reason I ask is because, I just recently got back in touch with my brother and sister in law after 4 years of not speaking, and they are sending us a family gift.. I know I should send a gift back, I just have no idea what to give, we've been out of touch for awhile.. What type of gift would be good?

by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SanDiegoMaxMom
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Usually we do give a gift to someone that gives us one. 

Suggestions?  A gift card to a restaurant.....Family passes to the zoo or a museum.

OMG...I almost forgot.  THe BEST family gift we got growing up was an old fashioned stand up gum ball machine....with gum!  Each piece cost a penny.  It was so COOL!!!

mandarose
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Courtesy is that you get them a gift in return. I know, it sucks but oh well. If you don't know what to get them get them a gift basket from Walmart. They have really cute movie night baskets. I plan on making one for my sis and her family of 6.

MyAngels0103
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Of course it is, lol its just that I think Yes Im done shopping....ohhh wait nope!  Thats a good idea, a homemade gift basket!!

Quoting mandarose:

Courtesy is that you get them a gift in return. I know, it sucks but oh well. If you don't know what to get them get them a gift basket from Walmart. They have really cute movie night baskets. I plan on making one for my sis and her family of 6.

BridgetMckenzie
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM
We try to give back when some1 gives to us. If its a family we do either a gift card or if they have kids of good age we do board games its like giving family time to them. Time they will remember.
RaggedyAnne
by on Dec. 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM

HOW ABOUT A GIFT CARD ? 

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Order something from Flowers.com or Seescandies.com

Maybe a fruit basket something along those lines.

-:Logan Jacob:-

-:December 1st 2007:-

-:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- 

-:My Everything:- 

rissa_doll
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 6:14 AM

It depends for us if we can afford to or not, in the past we have just said thank you, but if we have the money we always try and send at least a small something in return. Like was previously suggested you can get fun gift baskets at walmart for cheap or board games are also an option, those are a great family gift and a lot of places have them on sale this time of year. 

luvlavender
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Or you could give them a good quality keepsake ornament for their tree...maybe one with the year 2009 on it as a remembrance of reconciling this year. Depending on the age of their children, I think the suggestions from others of a family game is great, too. Maybe a bingo game with the wheel and little balls inside. Kids from 4 to 10 love this game.

good luck

My current fave website for free kids party ideas is: Fun Kids Party Ideas.com

coridunn
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 8:26 AM

Gift Card would be perfect.  Since you have been out of touch for a while and are not sure of what their interests are that is the logical solution.

Jemia
by Shekella on Dec. 10, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I agree.

Quoting coridunn:

Gift Card would be perfect.  Since you have been out of touch for a while and are not sure of what their interests are that is the logical solution.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci